About South Carolina
The U.S. Census Bureau calculated that South Carolina had a recorded population of 4,625,364 in 2010.They also estimated that the population would grow to 5,084,127 by 2018.
Ninety-two percent of South Carolina’s working population travel to work via car, truck, or van, with over 81 percent driving alone. These numbers reflect a good deal of commuter traffic on South Carolina roadways with lots of opportunities for collisions.
South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (888) 612-7001
How Many Motor Vehicle Collisions Occured in South Carolina in 2017?
The Office of Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (PHISIS) of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control published its 2010 South Carolina Injury County Profile that revealed the following facts about South Carolina injuries in 2010:
- Accidental injury is the number one cause of death for individuals 1-44 years of age, with motor vehicle crashes (MVC) leading as the primary cause of such injuries.
- South Carolina saw 442,973 non-fatal injuries in 2010, representing a crude rate of 957.7 non-fatal injuries per 10,000 individuals.
- Falls, MVC, struck by/caught in between, and overexertion were among the top five causes of non-fatal injuries for the 0-17 and 65+ age groups.
Injury-Related Deaths in South Carolina in 2010.
Across all ages, the top causes of injury-related deaths in South Carolina in 2010 included:
- MVC – 597 deaths
- Falls – 286 deaths
- Pedestrians – 101 deaths
- Motorcyclists – 85 deaths
- Pedalcyclists – 16 deaths
- Struck by/caught in – 15 deaths
- Machinery – 3 deaths
- Cut/Pierce – 1 deaths
A Note About Workplace Injuries
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) classifies two of the above injuries (falls and struck by/caught in injuries) as being among what is known as the “fatal four” industry injuries in the construction industry. Piercing/cutting and overexertion are other common workplace injuries.
South Carolina 2017 Motor Vehicle Collisions
The South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book published by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety unveiled some additional interesting trends from the 2017 data. In South Carolina: Every 3.7 minutes, there was a traffic accident.
- Every 9.5 hours, there was one fatal traffic accident.
- Every 13.3 minutes, there was one injury MVC.
- Every 5.2 minutes, one property damage collision occurred.
- Every 8.7 minutes, one person suffered an injury.
- Every 28 hours, one person died in a collision involving a driver who was under the influence.
- Every 1.3 hours, a teen driver was involved in a collision resulting in injury or death.
- Every 27.5 hours, an unrestrained motor vehicle occupant was killed.
- Every 21.5 days, a bicyclist died in an accident.
- Every 3.1 days, a motorcyclist died in an accident.
- Every 2.3 days, a pedestrian died in an accident.
- Every 9.4 days, a child under six years of age became seriously injured or died.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Over 40,000 Cases Successfully Handled
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping injured individuals get fair compensation after they have been injured in an accident. Tens of thousands of clients in South Carolina have trusted us to be their personal injury law firm, and our South Carolina personal injury lawyers have helped tens of thousands obtain the full and fair compensation they needed to put their lives back together after an unexpected injury.1
When another person’s negligence lead to preventable harm to others, that person can and should be held responsible for the damage they have caused. That is where our firm can help!
South Carolina personal injury attorneys handle a wide variety of personal injury matters
- Car Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dog Bites
- Defective Products
- Mass Torts
- Moped Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Schedule a FREE consultation with an attorney today!
Let Us Handle the Insurance Company for You!
If you’ve been injured, you have enough to worry about without having to deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are notorious for attempting to pay injured people less than what they are entitled to, and they often get away with it when injured people attempt to handle their cases on their own. That’s why it is so critical to put an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side to advocate for your best interests.
You may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Hospital and medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and/or earning capacity
- Property damage
Our South Carolina injury lawyers have negotiated with insurance companies for years and know what it takes to secure maximum results for our clients. No matter how large or small your case, we treat each case as if it were our own and pursue the most money possible for you. Best of all, if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a penny for our services. We don’t get paid until you get paid.*
Why Choose George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers?
- Trusted in South Carolina for over 40 years
- More than 40,000 clients helped
- Award-winning team of lawyers
- Free First Consultation
- 24/7 availability
Consult With a South Carolina Personal Injury Attorney Today
For the past 40 years, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has been a trusted source of legal advocacy for personal injury, workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability, and veterans disability matters in South Carolina. Our South Carolina injury law firm accept cases from all over the state from our convenient office locations in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Moncks Corner, Orangeburg, Walterboro, Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg, Anderson, and Florence. We invite you to check out our testimonials to see what our many satisfied clients are saying about out firm!
Please call 888-612-7001 to schedule your complimentary personal injury consultation. Our South Carolina attorneys look forward to speaking with you and helping you fight for the compensation you deserve!