If you suffered injuries in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to pursue legal action and collect a settlement for your damages, and a Savannah personal injury lawyer from our firm can help.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has helped clients collect damages for their injuries for more than 40 years.1 You may recover awards for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Fair Compensation for Your Accident-Related Damages
You may be facing severe injuries after your accident. Medical bills can pile up, and if your injuries prevent you from working, you may have no way to cover your living expenses.
To determine the value of your claim, we identify all the physical, emotional, and financial damages you suffered as a result of your injury. Your damages may include:
- Medical care and treatment costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Out-of-pocket costs
If your injury requires additional care, we include the projected value of future medical treatment and related costs. If you cannot yet return to work, we add the projected value of future lost income and benefits to your claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one due to her injuries, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can assist you with a wrongful death case. In that case, your damages may include, among others:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income for the time your loved one took off of work before their passing
- Lost inheritance for the income your loved one would have continued to provide
- Lost companionship and consortium
- Lost guidance and protection
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering before their passing
While you grieve your loved one with your family, we can handle your wrongful death claim or lawsuit. You deserve to focus on honoring their memory, not on navigating the legal process.
How You Can Support Your Fight for Compensation
Savannah Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
It can be confusing and overwhelming to know what to do following a personal injury. You might feel stuck between dealing with your damages and expenses and having to accept whatever an insurance company is trying to offer as a settlement. We know you have questions, and these answers should help as a starting point.
Is It Worth Getting a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Unfortunately, many personal injury victims choose not to have a lawyer represent them in their case. They are misguided to believe the costs will be too high. However, this is not necessarily the case.
Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency. Through this agreement, a lawyer only takes payment once their client wins their case. That is, they take a percentage out of the settlement or jury award. If a case is lost, and their client receives no compensation, the lawyer doesn’t get paid.
If you’re wondering whether it’s worth it to hire a personal injury lawyer for your case, consider the following:
- You’ll know how much to claim. Personal injury lawyers have worked on many cases. They know how to calculate the full values of any economic, non-economic, and punitive damages that apply. With a lawyer, you’ll have a solid idea of how much your case is worth and how much to expect in compensation.
- You’ll reduce your stress. Attempting to take your case on alone will be highly stressful. You’re already dealing with medical costs, time away from work, personal property damage, and being injured and in pain. Filing paperwork and dealing with the legal system on top of it is more than most can handle. A lawyer doing all that work can mean more time for you to heal and focus on recovery.
- You’ll save time. While dealing with the aforementioned bills, pain, and recovery, how much time do you have to manage the claims process, file paperwork, and handle communications on top of it? With an experienced attorney, you won’t be eating up all the time you need to heal.
- You’ll stand a better chance of winning. Personal injury lawyers have intimate knowledge of laws surrounding different types of personal injuries in their state. Do you? While many cases come down to you and another person’s insurance company, others wind up going against big corporations and entities. Some may even be more complex with third parties involved. You might also wind up going up against another individual with legal representation. You stand a better chance of winning your case by having a personal injury lawyer protecting your rights.
How Do I Calculate My Personal Injury Claim in Savannah?
One of the most prominent questions personal injury victims have is how much their case is worth. There is no average personal injury settlement because every case is different. But how do you know how to calculate the damages in your claim?
Typically, a personal injury claim will include economic and non-economicdamages. Economic damages often have easily assigned dollar figures, whereas non-economic damages are a little trickier to calculate, as they don’t usually have tangible dollar amounts. In some cases, punitive damages are awarded to victims as a way to punish the at-fault party.
If you hope to win a fair settlement, you must have proof of your losses. To do this, your personal injury lawyer in Savannah will:
- Add up your economic losses
- Estimate future economic losses based on your recovery time
- Assign values to your non-economic losses
- Determine if punitive damages apply to your case
- Add up the total amount for the at-fault party’s insurer
After an accident in Savannah, there are a few ways you can support your pursuit of fair compensation. Consider the following:
Seek Medical Care Immediately
Your health should be your first priority, and a doctor can assess your injuries and prescribe appropriate treatment.
Medical documentation also plays a key role in linking your damages to your accident. Without it, an insurer may claim you did not suffer losses. If you wait too long to see a doctor, insurers could also claim you worsened your injuries in attempts to undervalue or deny your claim.
You will want to do everything you can to obtain the compensation you deserve. Even if you believe your injuries are minor, a doctor can rule out or confirm any underlying complications. If you face temporary or permanent impairment, medical treatment can help you cope with your condition.
Stay Off Social Media
After an accident, insurers may look for ways to shift the blame onto you. Posting pictures or details about your accident or injuries on social media can hurt your case. Even if your profile is private, you should avoid making any statements about your accident.
The best person to discuss your case with is a lawyer from our firm. They can handle the communications with insurers and the liable party’s defense attorneys.
How Can Our Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Savannah Help?
The personal injury attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can identify the party responsible for your injury and pursue legal action to hold them accountable for your damages.
With more than 40,000 closed cases under our belt, we don’t waste time getting to work on your case.1 Some of the ways we work for you include:
- Handling every aspect of your case from start to finish
- Communicating with all parties on your behalf
- Thoroughly investigating and documenting your case
- Identifying the at-fault party and proving liability
- Calculating the value of your personal injury claim
- Negotiating on your behalf
We are there for you throughout the process, handling everything and leaving you free to focus on your recovery.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do We Handle in Savannah?
Personal injury cases we handle in Savannah include the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
- Workplace injuries
- Dangerous drugs
- Mass torts
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
We also handle other types of personal injury cases, so if you don’t see your accident on this list, you can discuss it during a free consultation.
Establishing Fault and Proving Liability for a Personal Injury Claim
When building your case, our legal team may investigate your accident to identify the liable party.
Establishing liability in a personal injury case requires us to demonstrate four key elements:
Duty of Care
The defendant in your case had an obligation to act in a reasonable manner to protect you from harm.
Breach of Duty
The defendant failed in their obligation to act reasonably to protect you from harm.
The defendant’s negligence caused your injuries, making them liable for your damages.
You suffered economic and non-economic damages due to the liable party’s negligence.
Gathering Evidence for Your Claim or Lawsuit
The evidence we can use to substantiate your case may include:
- Accident scene photographs
- Surveillance video
- Witness statements
- Photos of your injuries
- Medical records
- Wage and income statements
- Expert opinions and testimony
Our approach to documenting your personal injury claim varies depending on the circumstances of your case.
Talk to Us Today About Your Chatham County Case
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a preventable accident, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for help. We are prepared to help you get a fair settlement for your damages.
You do not have to face this situation alone. To get your free case review with a team member, contact our office today at (912) 225-4600.