Pursuing Social Security Disability (SSD) can have its challenges – whether it’s determining which benefits you qualify for, having your application denied, or something else. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we understand the frustration that this process can create.
A South Carolina Social Security Disability lawyer with our firm can help you find peace of mind during this difficult time and provide the answers you need and deserve. You can expect them to guide you throughout the process and represent your best interests. Our team could help you secure Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Understanding the Difference Between SSDI and SSI
Social Security Disability covers two areas: Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income. Depending on your situation, you could receive both types of benefits.
Still, note the difference between the two:
- Social Security Disability Insurance: These benefits are based on work credits, and those applying typically must have a disability that is listed inthe Blue Book. Some of these include mental disorders, cancer, and physical impairments, among other diseases. As of 2021, you can earn up to $1,130 ($2,190 for those who are blind) per month, according to the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Supplemental Security Income: Those over 65 who have insufficient income or resources may qualify for these benefits. In terms of the year 2021, as a single person, you can earn up to $794 a month, which amounts to $9,530.12 annually, per the SSA.
According to the SSA, when you apply for either one, you must present the following documentation:
- Proof of identity (e.g., Social Security number, birth certificate, etc.)
- Proof of your spouse’s identity
- Proof of American citizenship or legal immigration status
- W-2 forms and tax returns if you are self-employed
- Medical evidence (e.g., test results, medical records, statements from your doctor)
- Work-related reports (e.g., pay stubs, workers’ compensation benefits reports, award letters, etc.)
If you work with an SSD lawyer at our firm, we could help you determine the other forms of evidence you need to pursue benefits.
South Carolina Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How Our Social Security Disability Lawyers in South Carolina Can Help
Navigating the disability claims process can become confusing, especially when the SSA denies your application. Instead of dealing with this outcome on your own, you can turn to our firm for assistance.
Our attorneys will:
- Attend to all of your questions and concerns
- Determine which benefits you qualify for
- Go over the entire claims process with you
- Help you fill out all the required paperwork correctly
- Collect the necessary evidence
- File an appeal
Our Lawyers Will Handle Your Benefits Claim Appeal
The SSA commonly denies claims the first time around. One of our lawyers can represent you during the appeals process to get the benefits you need.
How long it takes to get a decision on your application varies, as it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months. Still, the stages this process consists of include:
- A hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ)
- Another hearing in front of a different ALJ or the Appeals Council
- A review in front of the Federal Court
If the SSA accepts your application, you might have missed out on payments from when you first filed your application to weeks following the approval. Not to worry – you will receive back pay to make up for this lapse.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
If You’re Out of Work and Worried You Can’t Afford Our Legal Services
If you can’t work due to your disability and you are in a financially tough spot, apprehension about hiring George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are understandable. However, we will consider your situation, so our Social Security Disability attorneys work for a contingency fee.*
Under this payment plan:
- You will get a free case review when you contact us.
- You will not be charged any money up front, hourly, or out of your pocket.
- Your lawyer will collect their payment if and when you receive your disability benefits.
You take a low financial risk when you partner with our law firm.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Prides Itself on Client Satisfaction
Our attorneys work to give our clients the outcome they need. We want you to focus on taking care of yourself while we handle the rest of your case.
Our clients have commented on the way we have served them:
“You get a feeling, and I got a feeling – these are the people that are going to take care of me. And believe me – they have! They make everything convenient for you. To me, they’re top-notch people. They’re like family – they really are!” – Al F.1
“They make you feel like family – that’s the biggest thing!” – Philip P.2
It made me feel good. It makes you feel like you’re around people who love you and love what they do.” – Aaron T.3
Our staff cares deeply about our clients. We know that you and your family are going through a difficult time, so allow us to make this claims process as painless as possible.
Call Our Social Security Disability Firm Today for Your Free Case Review
If you have questions about Social Security disability, consider retaining the services of a Social Security Disability lawyer from our South Carolina law firm. We have helped hundreds of men and women, and we are ready to fight for your rights now.
Reach out to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for your free consultationat (888) 612-7001.We serve clients throughout the state from various office locations, including North Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, and more.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001