When the phone rings at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we spring into action – thanks to our 40 years of experience. Since 1977, we’ve helped over 40,000 people recover compensation – including those suffering from catastrophic injuries.
If you or a loved one suffered serious harm in an accident, our South Carolina catastrophic injury lawyers are ready to serve you. While you focus on feeling better or caring for a loved one, we’ll handle everything your case requires.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
What Constitutes a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries can stem from car accidents, falls, medical malpractice, and a host of other incidents. Some examples of these life-altering conditions include:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Brain injuries
- Organ damage
- Second- or third-degree burns
- Loss of hearing or eyesight
- Skull fractures
Catastrophic injuries can disrupt your life indefinitely. You may require hospitalization, corrective surgeries, and in-home healthcare. These costs can be staggering. However, we’re prepared to seek the full cost of your necessary medical expenses.
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Our South Carolina Lawyers Are Ready to Pursue These Damages
Compensation in your case may comprise:
- Pain and suffering, which pays for your physical and psychological trauma
- Your medical expenses, including financial recovery for anticipated care costs
- Lost job-related benefits, including lost tips, bonuses, benefits, salary, and paid time off
- Disability, which accounts for the hardship of living with an impairment
- Funeral expenses, if you lost a loved one
- Loss of consortium, if your injuries affected your relationship with your spouse
- Physical therapy and mental health counseling to address your condition
- Other out-of-pocket expenses, including childcare costs, transportation expenses, in-home modifications, and more
The law is on the injured claimant’s side. You have the right to seek recovery for these and other injury-related losses. Your catastrophic injury lawyer will fight to hold the negligent party accountable and secure the funds you need. You can trust us to provide compassionate legal counsel during this challenging time.
What Is the Value of Your Injury Case?
While we can’t answer that question right now, we will fight for the full cost of what you’re owed. We will assess your case’s value based on your condition, financial losses, missed time from work, and other factors. By understanding your damages’ cumulative value, we can fight for a fair settlement offer.
We’ve Recovered Millions For Injured Claimants and their Loved Ones
Attorney George Sink, Sr., is no stranger to catastrophic injuries. He saw those conditions firsthand while serving two tours in Vietnam. He takes matters like these personally. With our team’s time and efforts, we’ve secured these outcomes:
- We recovered $4.5 million after a family was injured in a serious collision on the highway.
- We obtained $4.1 million after a family car was hit by an 18-wheeler.
- We recovered $3 million for the family of a moped accident victim.
- We secured $2.6 million for a trucker injured in a serious accident.
These are just a handful of our successful outcomes. We will do everything possible to resolve your case in the best possible manner.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
How Our Legal Team Will Fight For You
Investigate the Cause of Your Injuries
Our team needs evidence to support your case – even if your injuries’ cause is relatively straightforward. Evidence may include:
- The accident or police report
- Your medical history
- Your treatment records
- Testimony from eyewitnesses, including first-responders and bystanders
- Expert testimony from accident reconstruction specialists and healthcare professionals
- Photos of your external injuries
- Imaging scans and lab test results
- Security camera or traffic camera recordings
- Omissions made by the at-fault party
We encourage you to save all documentation related to your injuries, including the names of your medications and various billing statements.
Determine the At-Fault and Liable Parties
“At fault” and “liable” do not mean the same thing. The at-fault party caused your accident and may include a negligent:
- Product manufacturer
- Healthcare professional
- Government organization
- Property owner or manager
- Dog owner
The liable party pays for your losses. For instance, if you suffered serious injuries in a car accident, the negligent motorist’s insurer would be liable and therefore responsible for your damages.
File Your Insurance Claim and/or Lawsuit
While we’re not afraid of a good legal fight, we hope to settle your case through insurance negotiations. To file your insurance claim, we will:
- Draft and file all necessary paperwork
- Communicate with the claims adjuster
- Review the liable policy
- Send your demand letter
- Negotiate a settlement
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
We can also file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. You can trust our attorneys to:
- Exchange evidence with the other party’s legal team (which is standard protocol)
- Take depositions
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Present your injuries’ severity and damages’ cost
- Fight for what you deserve
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
What Should You Do After Suffering a Catastrophic Injury?
We hope that by now, you’ve sought medical attention. If not, now would be a great time to do so. While visiting a doctor, document all aspects of your appointment, including who examined you, your diagnosis, and your treatment plan.
We also recommend:
Following Your Treatment Plan
BMC Family Practices emphasizes the importance of adhering to treatment. Doing so not only improves your prognosis but also strengthens your case. You want to show the other party that you did everything possible to better your condition.
Limiting Your Social Media Use
To prevent the claims adjuster from using your own words against you, we recommend:
- Limiting what you share online, including statuses, videos, and posts
- Not accepting friend requests from “friends of friends”
- Not following the at-fault party on any social media platform
- Refusing to respond to direct messages from the involved parties
You don’t have to delete your social media pages, but we advise against actively posting and using them.
Thinking Twice About That First Settlement Offer
Once you accept an insurance settlement, that’s it; your case is over. When reviewing prospective settlement offers, share them with your lawyer. They can explain whether any offer meets your past, present, and future needs.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to Learn More
Our team of catastrophic injury lawyers in South Carolina is ready to serve you. To begin your free case review, call (888) 612-7001.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001