When a few people are injured in the same manner by the same product, it may be just a coincidence. When hundreds or thousands of people are injured or put at risk of injury because a product is defective, the circumstances are different. Mass torts involve large numbers of people who are seeking compensation from the same party for the same kinds of damages.
If you were harmed by a defective product, a South Carolina mass tort lawsuit lawyer with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can see if you qualify to join a mass tort case. We will review relevant records and represent you throughout all proceedings if you hire us.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
We Have Handled an Array of Mass Tort Lawsuits
Our firm has represented more than 50,000 South Carolinians and helped them obtain fair compensation for all types of personal injury1. Some of the most common mass torts were the result of injuries caused by the following potentially dangerous drugs:
- Tylenol® (acetaminophen)
- Actos® / Duetact®
- Byetta® and Januvia®
- Yasmin® and Yaz®
Our attorneys can also represent individuals in mass torts for defective products, such as auto products, home appliances, cosmetics, toys, and food products. These products could cause serious personal injury if they are defective or contaminated.
South Carolina Mass Torts Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
What to Expect When You File a Mass Tort Lawsuit
Many people refer to class action and mass tort as the same type of legal action. However, there are significant differences. Class action cases take place when a group of plaintiffs files one lawsuit against one defendant and divides the winnings amongst themselves.
Alternatively, in a mass tort, each plaintiff in the group files his own lawsuit. However, these lawsuits are later consolidated to make proceedings simpler for the court.
Like other personal injury cases, mass torts go through a certain legal process, and how long they take to resolve ranges from months to years. Still, this process usually consists of:
- A lawyer reviewing years of your medical records
- Identifying consistencies of injuries between you and the other plaintiffs
- Bringing a federal lawsuit
- Going to bellwether trials. The court often prefers to try the most serious cases in the group to get an idea of how the rest of the cases will turn out.
- Reaching a settlement
Your mass tort lawsuit can settle at any time during court proceedings.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
How a Mass Tort Lawsuit Lawyer With Our Firm Serving South Carolina Can Help You
Filing a mass tort lawsuit requires a lot of time and work, and the pressure of managing such a case could hinder your recovery. Instead, leave your mass tort case in the hands of George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers.
- Review your medical records to connect your injuries and other losses to the product
- Use various forms of evidence to build an effective case
- Assign a monetary value to your damages
- Handle all communication with those involved
- Work with your doctor and other medical experts
- Represent you throughout all court proceedings
Our mass tort lawsuit lawyers’ services will be available to you on a contingency-fee basis.* That means you won’t be charged up front or by the hour for our help. Instead, your lawyer will deduct their fee from the compensation they secure for you at the end of your case. If they are unsuccessful, there is still no payment due. With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers fighting for you, you take on a limited financial risk.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Possible Damages You Can Collect in a Mass Tort Lawsuit in South Carolina
The forms and amount of damages you can receive will depend on several factors, such as:
- Your age
- The product in question and how long you used it
- Your injuries or illness
- Your prognosis
- Your physical and mental capabilities
- How expensive your medical bills are and will be
Once we look into these aspects, we may find that you qualify to sue for:
- Lost income: For the wages you could earn due to your injuries or treatment
- Lost earning potential: For the wages you won’t be able to earn in the future
- Past and expected medical expenses: For the hospital care, surgery, pain medication, medical equipment, lab work and diagnostic tests, and follow-up doctors appointments
- Pain and suffering: For the discomfort you endure from your injuries or illness
- Disfigurement: For the way your injuries have changed your movement or appearance
- Mental anguish: For the mental and emotional trauma you’ve experienced from your injuries or illness
If you lost your loved one to the defective product, device, or drug in question, you and your family may be eligible for wrongful death damages. These awards may include burial and funeral service bills and medical expenses, in addition to your loss of financial support, service, or companionship.
Our Past Clients Can Attest to Our Quality of Service and Support
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has served the community for more than 40 years and helped injury victims across South Carolina get the compensation they deserve.
Take a look at what a few of them said about selecting our legal services:
“George Sink really means what he says! When you have bills and things piling up, and you’re wondering how you’re going to pay this and pay that, just pick up the phone because George Sink will help you. He really can!” – Kevin W.
“When people ask me for a good attorney, I always tell them to get Mr. Sink, because he’s always been loyal to me. He’s all about getting you well, getting you back on your feet, and getting back where you need to be. That’s Mr. Sink!” – Joseph M.
Just like with these clients and others, we will strive to secure you the compensation you need after such a difficult time.
Give George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers a Call Today For a Free Consultation
If a defective product harmed you, one of our lawyers serving South Carolina can determine if you are eligible for a mass tort lawsuit.
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers (888) 612-7001 today. In a free consultation, you could learn exactly how we can help you recover your damages.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001