When someone is careless on the road, state property, a hospital, or elsewhere and caused your injuries, they should be held to account for your resulting damages. A Spartanburg personal injury lawyer with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can represent you in your pursuit for compensation. We will stand with you throughout all legal proceedings while you focus on getting treatment.
We operate on a contingency-fee guarantee*, which means you don’t owe us a penny unless we make a recovery in your case. Initial consultations are also free, so you have nothing to lose in speaking with a member of our team today.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Personal Injury Cases Take Various Forms
Even though every personal injury case comes with its own circumstances, they all have negligence in common. The case ceases to exist without proving the other party neglected their responsibilities, which led to the incident.
In turn, you must prove these four tenets to have a valid case:
- Duty of care: The other party was responsible for keeping you safe and following protocol whenever conditions changed (e.g., driving sober, cleaning up spills on the floor, changing soiled clothes, etc.)
- Breach of duty: The other party failed to fulfill their duty of care (e.g., driving while intoxicated, failing to clean up a spill in a timely fashion, not regularly checking on the residents).
- Causation: This negligence caused an incident, which led to your injuries or illness.
- Damages: You have to suffer financial and intangible repercussions due to the accident.
Our firm handles a wide variety of personal injury cases, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped accidents
- Premises liability
- Defective products
- Dog bites
- Dangerous drugs
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
- Social Security Disability
- Veteran’s disability
Request your FREE consultation to learn more about your rights!
Common Losses You Can Seek to Recover in a Personal Injury Case
How much compensation you receive depends on the type of accident you were involved in and what the aftermath of it looked like for you.
To illustrate, if your physician misdiagnosed you and your true condition worsened, you could incur high medical bills and won’t be able to work again. Your compensatory award might be higher than someone who suffered whiplash in a fender bender at the WestGate Mall parking lot.
When your lawyer assesses your damages, they will group them into two groups: economic and non-economic.
Economic Damages You Can Collect After Getting Injured
These losses are easily calculable, as you can verify their value through receipts and bills. Examples of such damages are:
- Past and ongoing medical treatment: If you needed pain medications, surgery, to stay at the hospital, lab work, assistive medical equipment, or physical therapy
- Property damage: If your car, motorcycle, moped, bike, or another type of vehicle needed repairs or replacement
- Lost wages: If you lost business opportunities, promotions, hourly pay, tips, commission, and other employee benefits because you had to take a leave of absence from work
- Diminished earning power: If you take a lower-paying job because you can’t return to your old one and make the same amount
- Other out-of-pocket costs: If you change aspects of your home to accommodate your injuries or need help caring for your family-owned
Non-Economic Damages Should Also be Accounted For
These intangible losses are subjective and unique to your situation but are based on your economic damages.
Non-economic damages you can seek are:
- Mental anguish: If the accident has harmed your mental and emotional well-being
- Lost quality of life: If you are having a hard time coping with your injuries
- Pain and suffering: If the pain from your injuries keeps you from doing the activities you enjoy
When Your Loved One Succumbs to Their Accident-Related Injuries
You have the option to take wrongful death action if your loved one passed away from the accident. Some of the damages you can claim are:
- Burial arrangement fees
- Funeral service costs
- End-of-life medical care bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial support
Experience the George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers difference. Call us today at 864-774-2200.
Putting Our Personal Injury Attorneys to Work for Spartanburg Families
Working out a legal case when you’re trying to heal from your injuries is daunting, and it’s tempting to put it off until you feel okay—which could be detrimental to your right to a financial recovery. If you hire our firm, you could focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Part of this responsibility involves:
- Gathering evidence (e.g., police or incident report, related photos and video footage, medical records and bills, witness testimony, etc.)
- Proving who was liable for the accident (e.g., another driver, a property manager, a government agency, a medical facility, etc.)
- Going back and forth with the other party and their insurance and legal representatives
- Fighting for a settlement with the other party’s insurance company
- Keeping you up to date with your case, so you can expect to be notified if anything changes throughout legal proceedings
Our former clients have been satisfied with the way we have managed their cases with our hands-on approach. Check out some of their testimonials:
“From the minute I called George Sink Law Firm, they were right on board, they were ready to hear my story, they were ready to hear what happened. They made me feel welcome, they were very concerned, they called to check on me. And that speaks volumes…” – Deanna M.
”George Sink was faithful to me, and he’ll be faithful to you. From the way the[y] treated us from the very beginning, I knew we were in good hands. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you need someone who’s going to Fight for you. George Sink fought for me…” Kenitra H.1
Reach Out to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
Our firm takes great pride in improving the lives of injured South Carolinians. If you are a Spartanburg resident seeking legal representation for a personal injury matter, our lawyers are ready to assist you. We can travel anywhere in the state to meet you at home or in the hospital for your convenience.
To get started on your free consultation, call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers now at (864) 774-2200.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-774-2200
Office InformationAddress George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
131 E Main Street Suite 108 Spartanburg
SC 29306, United States