If a car or other vehicle struck you while you were riding your motorcycle, you may have serious injuries and resulting damages. A Spartanburg motorcycle accident attorney from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you receive compensation for your medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering from the individual that hit you.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Spartanburg Motorcyclists Are Vulnerable to Severe Injuries From Larger Vehicles
According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, there were 118 fatal motorcycle collisions and more than 1,500 injury crashes in South Carolina in 2019. Because motorcycles are lighter, less stable, and do not offer the protection of an enclosed cab, in an accident, riders are at risk of:
- Getting thrown from their motorcycle
- Hitting their head on the roadway, another vehicle, or object
- Becoming crushed or pinned between their motorcycle, the road, another vehicle, and an object
Motorcycle accidents can lead to severe injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal damage
- Bruises and lacerations (road rash)
If your motorcycle accident injuries are because of someone else’s reckless driving or negligent behavior, our personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
Spartanburg Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-774-2200
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
Our attorneys will talk to your doctor and medical experts to determine the cause and extent of your motorcycle accident injuries. Based on what they uncover, our motorcycle accident lawyers in Spartanburg can help you fight for the money you need for all of your damages, including:
- Medical expenses: You can recover compensation for your doctor and hospital bills, including emergency transportation services, such as an ambulance or airlift.
- Rehabilitative costs: You may be entitled to the cost of physical therapy and rehabilitation necessary for your recovery.
- Lifetime care: If you suffer a catastrophic injury, you may collect compensation for in-home care, nursing services, medical equipment, and home renovations made necessary by your injuries.
- Lost wages: If you cannot return to work, you can claim the value of your lost wages for the days you missed and the time off needed for doctors’ appointments or physical therapy sessions.
- Lost earning capacity: If you cannot return to work at all or your injuries force you to switch professions, you may be eligible to receive the value of the difference in what you previously earned before the accident and what you can now earn after the accident.
- Pain and suffering: Determining how much your pain and suffering is worth is subjective. Tell our accident attorneys about the severity of your pain, and we will fight to negotiate a high amount to make sure that you receive adequate compensation.
- Mental health issues: In addition to the physical harm, motorcycle accidents can take a toll on your mental health. You can collect compensation for your depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, or other mental trauma.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: You may receive compensation when you can no longer enjoy the things you liked doing before your motorcycle accident, like sports, hobbies, or other everyday activities.
- Property damage: You can get paid for repairs to your motorcycle or its fair market value if the damages are beyond fixing. If you require a rental vehicle while your motorcycle is being repaired, you may be able to get reimbursed for those expenses, as well.
- Wrongful death and survival: If your loved one passed away due to injuries from a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for the loss of your loved one through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. This may include awards for their medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and pain and suffering experienced by the deceased’s surviving family members.
If you suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident, let us help you get the money that you deserve for your injuries. Our only goal is to help you get back on your feet.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!864-774-2200
Proving Liability for Your South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Injuries
You have the right to seek compensation from the party that hurt you. Our attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers will go to the accident scene, talk to witnesses, and gather evidence to establish what caused your motorcycle accident and who was responsible.
The Driver of a Vehicle
Our attorneys will look for signs that the driver who struck your motorcycle was at fault. This means our attorneys will:
- Examine skid marks to see how soon the vehicle braked before the accident.
- Examine the damage to the other vehicle to determine what part of the vehicle struck your motorcycle.
- Determine if a traffic camera or nearby surveillance camera caught the accident.
- Get cell phone records (if necessary) to see if the driver was on the phone or texting at the time of the accident.
- Read the accident report.
- Get the results of any breath or blood alcohol tests performed on the driver after the accident.
The Driver’s Employer
If the driver of the vehicle that struck your motorcycle was an employee acting within the scope of his or her employment, you can potentially hold the driver’s employer liable for your injuries. Our attorneys will investigate these companies and prove their relationship to your collision.
The Owner of the Vehicle or the Entity Responsible for a Vehicle Defect
You may be able to hold the owner of a vehicle liable if they knew of a mechanical problem with the vehicle and permitted someone to operate it anyway. You may also be able to hold an owner liable for knowingly allowing an incompetent, unsafe, or unlicensed driver to operate their vehicle.
Sometimes, vehicle problems occur because of a defective part, such as faulty brakes or tires. In this case, a carmaker or auto parts manufacturer may be liable.
If the state of South Carolina state or the city of Spartanburg knew of a defect in the road surface – such as a large pothole – and did not repair it after receiving notice of the defect, it may be possible to seek compensation from the government under the South Carolina Torts Claims Act.
Our attorneys can walk you through filing a claim against the government and assist you with getting the money you deserve for your injuries.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Settling Your Claim for Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
Our Spartanburg motorcycle accident attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company or the opposing attorneys to get you compensated for your injuries. We will:
- File your claims or lawsuit
- Handle your paperwork
- Communicate with the insurance companies and other parties and make sure they do not pressure or harass you to accept less compensation than you deserve
- Collect and submit evidence of negligence
- Fight for every penny available to you
We will work to settle before your case goes to trial. However, if the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith and we cannot reach a reasonable settlement, we can file your case with the courts and let a judge or jury decide the outcome.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Is Here to Assist With Your Claims or Lawsuit
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has helped more than 50,000 clients seek justice for their injuries. We know that you and your family are in the midst of a difficult and stressful time. When you hire our firm, we take care of every aspect of your case.
You just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us. To get started, reach out to our offices by phone or through our online contact form for a free consultation. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Spartanburg, SC, are waiting to hear from you.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-774-2200