If you find yourself in a complicated situation when applying for Social Security benefits or your application has already been rejected, get in touch with our Walterboro Social Security disability lawyers immediately for legal assistance.
Whether you are applying for the first time or you need help with an appeal, we can help. We are experts in South Carolina’s Social Security laws, so reach out to us to learn more about your options.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Social Security Benefits Defined
The U.S. government offers two Social Security Administration (SSA) programs: The Security Supplemental Income Program (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance Program (SSDI). The two programs rely on similar standards when establishing the compensation to provide for a disabled person. However, the programs differ in several other aspects.
For instance, to qualify for SSDI, you should provide evidence of having worked and contributed to the Social Security system for a given period before the disability. On the other hand, SSI qualifications depend on whether you have a disability, are blind, are over 65, or come from a low-income class. The calculation of the monthly benefits also differs in the two programs.
Walterboro Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me843-306-0009
Criteria to Determine Disability
The primary factor that the SSA uses to determine disability is your inability to work for over 12 months. The SSA relies on the fact that your present medical condition has made it impossible for you to continue working.
Apart from the medical records, SSA also determines disability using other factors, such as:
- Average monthly income (monthly benefits have a threshold maximum of $1,070)
- The severity of the condition
- Vocational background
- Level of education
- Your age
- Whether you are receiving other types of workplace benefits
The SSA assesses the information collected from these sources to determine whether you qualify for disability compensation benefits.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-306-0009
How a Walterboro Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help
Why do you need our Walterboro law firm’s assistance? It is among the most common questions that individuals pursuing Social Security benefits ask. It is worth understanding that the process of disability application enables individuals to pursue claims without seeking attorneys’ services.
Although you can pursue compensation without hiring a lawyer, you will significantly hinder your approval. The process of filing the claim can be challenging and confusing, especially if you lack the legal know-how and expertise. Do not risk jeopardizing your case’s progress by failing to adhere to the Code of Federal Regulations, according to the U.S. Government Publishing Office.
Our disability attorney can make several contributions in your case, including:
- Assisting you to get an insight into the basic disability laws besides working to ensure that the medical evidence you have is relevant to the claim
- Preparing and directing the hearings and testimonies of your request towards issues that the judge wants to hear to approve your claim
- Applying experience to highlight the most relevant topics in your claim, depending on the specifics of your case
- Ensuring your case makes positive progress
- Confirming timely submission of relevant medical documents to the SSA
- Sourcing precise medical statements concerning your impairments and disability from the appropriate doctors to increase your chances of winning
Keep in mind that the SSA rejects the majority of claims. Furthermore, most applicants hire lawyers to assist them after complications arise, leading to their claims’ rejections.
Even if the judge rejects your claim, a Walterboro Social Security disability lawyer can help you file an appeal.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Cost of Services
The majority of these kinds of cases do not require an upfront fee. With a contingency arrangement, our attorneys get a certain percentage of the retroactive benefits from winning your claim.
Factors that Affect Your Application Status
It is essential to conduct an analysis of your qualification by getting insights into the Social Security basics. The following are the factors the government considers before approving your claim:
- The benefits target individuals with medical conditions that qualify for the definition of physical or mental disability
- Only citizens who were working in jobs that the Social Security covers are eligible for the benefits
- You would not receive approval of your claim if you did not make any Social Security contributions when you were working
- You need to have been receiving monthly paychecks before the disability rendered you unable to work for at least 12 months
You can only appeal a rejection if you are unable to work for one year, and you were making payments to the Social Security system before the disability. Still, there can be doubts regarding whether the medical condition responsible for your disability falls within the Social Security rules.
A Walterboro Social Security disability lawyer can help you pursue even the most complex cases.
What Can Cause Rejection of Claims
The SSA grants disability benefits based on medical records and proofs, rather than your disability’s physical appearance.
A judge can deny your claim due to various reasons, including:
- Missing crucial deadlines
- Incomplete medical records
- Lack of proof of medical treatment
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can assist you in crafting your application and building a case. Call us for more details regarding your case.
Hiring an Attorney to Reduce Wait Time
Most individuals believe that hiring an attorney slashes the waiting time that the court takes to conclude. This assumption is not valid because the SSA has similar protocols for every case.
However, the main advantage of hiring a disability attorney is that you will receive 24/7 supervision of your case’s progress. Your lawyer will also handle all arising problems that can affect your chances of winning.
Get Help With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to get started on your case. Our Social Security disability lawyers in Walterboro, South Carolina, are here to offer you the support you need to get your life back on track.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-306-0009