The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers values military members’ service to our nation. It is a profound, yet often overlooked sacrifice. In recognition of our nation’s service members and their families, twice per year our firm bestows a $1,000 scholarship upon a hard-working U.S. student who is an active duty service member, a veteran, or a spouse or child of an active duty or retired service member. High school seniors and graduates as well as undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
The selected Winner must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently serving in the military, honorably discharged, or have an active duty or retired military spouse or parent. All branches of the U.S. military qualify:
- U.S. Army and Reserves
- U.S. Navy and Reserves
- U.S. Air Force and Reserves
- U.S. Marine Corps and Reserves
- U.S. Coast Guard and Reserves
- National Guard and Air National Guard
- Accepted into or currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. junior college, college, university, or graduate school.
- Currently have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Fill out and submit the online application on this page, along with a school transcript and essay.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Veterans & Military Family Scholarship.
We will determine the scholarship winner by the strength of his or her essay, ability to communicate with the firm in a timely manner, and proof of military service. Only the winner must provide proof of military service. Do not submit proof of service with your application. We will ask for proof of service when we contact the winner.
We regret that, for legal reasons, we are unable to accept calls, emails, or other communication regarding the scholarship, or answer any questions, other than those submitted here. All the necessary details about this scholarship can be found above. We will make sure to contact you in case we need any further information.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
What is the essay criteria?
All applicants must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay on one of the topics below:
- How has being in the military affected your ability to pursue an education?
- What do you wish the American people better understood about military service or military families?
- What sacrifices have you and/or your family made because of military service?
- When you reflect on your/your family member’s military service, what are you most proud of and what are you most grateful for?
How do students apply for the Veterans & Military Family Scholarship?
Complete and submit the online application form on this page. You must also submit your essay and transcripts via the online application form. Again, do not submit proof of military service with your application. We will ask for proof of service when we contact the winner.
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is June 15, 2022. We will determine a winner and contact him/her by phone or email by July 1st, 2022. We look forward to reading your essay.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Salutes Military Families
George Sink himself is a military veteran, having served two tours in Vietnam as a Captain in the Marine Corps. Firsthand and through our clients, we witness the unique demands military families face on a regular basis. Risky endeavors, long stints away from home, and limited compensation can make life challenging. Without support and resources, some military families may put education on the back burner.
We believe current or past service or having a close family member in the military should not hinder young leaders from getting a quality education or pursuing their goals. It is our hope that our Veterans & Military Family Scholarship will help an aspiring student get a college education. We encourage all eligible students to apply.
Announcements about the previous winners of our scholarship can be found by clicking one of the links below:
2021 Winner: Alexis Alvarado