After suffering a work-related injury, you may face ongoing medical expenses and limited options for future employment. Though your physical recovery should be your first priority, we understand how financial concerns complicate matters.
When you work with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, you can count on our compassion, knowledge, and resources to help you recover fair compensation for your work-related injuries. Using our experience negotiating with insurance companies, we will fight for your case’s best possible resolution.
We are the voice of the injured worker. You can begin a free case review about working with a Sumter workers’ compensation lawyer today.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
You Can Afford a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer from Our Firm
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers doesn’t require anything upfront or out of pocket for our help. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until you receive compensation.*
You have no upfront financial obligations when partnering with us.
Sumter Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me803-402-3164
Why Work with an Attorney from Our Law Firm?
The following are four possible reasons why you may consider working with us:
You Don’t Understand the Workers’ Compensation Claims Process
Applying for workers’ compensation isn’t easy. Matters get even more complicated if you’re not sure whether you qualify or your employer discourages you from filing.
We can guide you through the entire process of applying and receiving benefits. Some of our services include:
- Handling all necessary paperwork
- Educating you on what to expect and how to get a positive outcome
- Gathering evidence, including medical records, wage documents, and safety reports
- Interviewing witnesses and obtaining supportive statements
- Consulting with relevant field experts
- Preparing you for depositions and hearings
- Monitoring your case and providing status reports
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Addressing all of your concerns
Your Employer May Deny the Severity of Your Condition
Once you notify your employer of your injuries, they must report the incident to the insurance company. However, if your employer questions the nature of your condition, they may refuse to acknowledge your claim.
This can make matters difficult. However, our team can establish the facts of your case to pursue a fair settlement. We can even file your claim if your employer refuses.
Your Workers’ Compensation Application May Get Denied
Ideally, you’ll submit your claim, and the insurer will pay the benefits you need. However, we’ve seen perfectly valid claims denied, with reasons ranging from small errors to huge oversights.
We can guide you through the appeals process if you’re faced with a denial of benefits. This may involve resubmitting your application, gathering evidence, and negotiating compensation with the liable party.
You Receive Compensation, But it’s Less Than You Expected
In general, injured employees can recover these benefits if they qualify:
- Medical and hospital costs
- Temporary or permanent disability payments
- Two-thirds of their lost income
Workers’ compensation is a great program for injured employees. However, it does not cover everything. We can evaluate your case and determine whether you’re eligible to file an injury claim or lawsuit. If another party’s negligence harmed you, we can explore seeking compensation via that avenue.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!803-402-3164
We Can Explain Whether You Qualify for Benefits in Sumter, SC
Per the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, workplaces with four or more employees must provide workers’ compensation insurance. However, even so, this doesn’t apply to anyone.
The following workers may not qualify for workers’ compensation benefits:
- Some corporate officers
- Some real estate agents
- Federal employees who work in South Carolina
- Some agricultural workers
- Those employed by railroad companies
If you’re among these parties, you may still have financial recovery options. One of our personal injury lawyers in Sumter can evaluate your situation and determine whether you can file an injury claim or lawsuit.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
What Causes On-The-Job Injuries in Sumter County
Workers’ compensation in South Carolina operates on a no-fault system. Even if you contributed to your accident, this should have no bearing on your ability to seek damages.
Yet, it’s important for your legal team to understand the cause of your accident. This will give us “the full picture” when it comes to certain aspects of your situation. During our investigation, we may find that one or more of the following factors contributed to your injuries:
- Slips, trips, and falls: These types of injuries can occur anywhere, from construction sites to office buildings. Falling from ladders, scaffolding, stairs, or other heights are common ways of getting injured at workplaces.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Repetitive stress or motion injuries occur when a joint is required to make the same movements over and over again. These injuries are most common, for example, in people who type or who work on factory assembly lines.
- Falling objects: You can get hurt after being struck by a falling object on a construction site or in any other work environment. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists this factor among its “Fatal Four,” meaning incidents most likely to cause workplace fatalities.
- Inhaling toxic fumes: This can happen in a variety of settings, including construction sites.
In addition, many workers suffer injuries from crashes and collisions, loud noises, and other incidents.
Begin Your Free Case Review with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
We’re ready to resolve your workers’ compensation case now. Additionally, we can explore your other recourse options if you suffered harm due to negligence. To begin your free consultation, dial (803) 402-3164. Our team serving Sumter is ready to hear from you.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?803-402-3164