As if the physical pain you’re enduring after your bicycle accident was not enough, the endless anguish over how you will pay your medical bills, repair property damages, and support yourself and your family while you are unable to work presents an equally unbearable strain.
At this point, you need to lighten your mental load, focus on your healing, and leave the resolution of your compensation to the legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. Contact us today to see how a bicycle accident attorney in Sumter, SC can help with your case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
A Sumter Bicycle Accident Attorney Can Help You Dissect the Accident
First, you need to know that you’re not alone as a bicycle accident victim. This type of roadway mishap occurs more today than ever before. The increase in these collisions results from a couple of trends.
- For either health or environmental reasons, more people are rejecting their cars as their primary transportation to and from work and school – opting, instead, to ride bicycles, mopeds, and motorcycles. More bikes spike the accident equation, resulting in a higher probability that a motorist will collide with these vehicles.
- Besides talking and texting, drivers now are tempted by the sirens’ song of a seemingly infinite array of apps, all of which engage the driver, occasionally taking his or her eyes off the road, and always taking his or her mind off the task of driving.
Distracted driving is just one of many actions that comprise the leading cause of bicycle accidents: motorist negligence.
Other variations of motorist negligence include:
- Changing lanes without checking for bicycles on the road
- Intoxication or driving under the influence of drugs
- Failure to yield right of way to the bicyclist while turning
- Careless driving
- Opening a car door without checking the bike lane or the shoulder for bicyclists
Sumter Bicycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me803-402-3164
Compensatory Damages You Can Receive from a Bicycle Accident
Whatever the cause, as the victim of a bicycle accident, you are entitled to receive compensation for your losses and injuries. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Sumter, SC at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you recover what you are owed.
Compensatory damages serve to cover your cost of living if you are injured to the point where you are unable to return to work, whether temporarily or indefinitely.
Compensatory damages can include the following:
This category of compensation can consist of past, present, and future medical treatment or care related to the accident. Doctor’s bills, pharmacy bills, and other healthcare expenses may be included in the cost of medical treatment.
Rightfully yours, this compensation makes up for the wages lost while you are out of work due to your injuries. It can also include wages that you would have earned in the future, if not for the accident, as part of your “loss of earning capacity.”
You can be reimbursed for any personal property that was lost or damaged due to the results of your bicycle accident. Included in this category are damage to a vehicle, bicycle, gear, or clothing.
You can be compensated for all expenses associated with filing a lawsuit, such as hiring a bicycle accident lawyer serving Sumter, travel costs, legal fees, and work missed as a function of meeting with lawyers or insurers or appearing in court.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!803-402-3164
How a Sumter Bicycle Accident Lawyer Will Help You Recover Damages
If you are interested in taking your bicycle accident case to court, get a bicycle accident lawyer serving Sumter on your side to help you get the justice you deserve.
The legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can serve you right here in Sumter, SC, just as our firm has served more than 40,000 clients get help with their personal injury cases.1
We will build your case for you by:
- Investigating the damages (bike, clothes, gear, property)
- Collecting evidence at the accident scene
- Obtaining your medical records and document expenses
- Getting copies of the police report and other evidence
- Speaking with medical to prove the extent of your injuries and detail the costs associated with caring for the injuries, immediately and in the future
- Collaborating with an accident reconstruction specialist to craft a compelling retelling of the accident that works for your case
We will champion your case for you by:
- Contacting the insurer of the person who crashed into you
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurer
- Taking the motorist to court if the insurer does not cooperate with a fair settlement
- Representing you in court
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Sumter Today
The legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help you seek relief for your Sumter, SC bicycle accident personal injury case. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve by calling us today.
You can also reach us by visiting our website and requesting a free case review. We are available to help you with your case 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?803-402-3164