Whether you were seriously injured on a South Carolina construction site or you face a change in your health that will make it impossible to work, you could qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. If you suffer a physical impairment that keeps you from working, a South Carolina benefits for physical impairment lawyer from our firm can help.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has been serving South Carolina residents for more than forty years. In that time, we’ve helped many people with disabilities apply for benefits, appeal denied claims, and more. Our attorneys are ready to help you seek the financial stability you need.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
What Types of Benefits are Available Through SSD in South Carolina?
Social Security Disability (SSD) refers to two main types of benefits: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Social Security Disability Insurance
SSDI offers partial income benefits to people with disabilities. As a type of “insurance,” SSDI is available to people who paid into the Social Security system through a certain number of years in their working life.
To qualify for this type of benefit, you must show that you have:
- Worked for a sufficient number of years
- A qualifying impairment
Sufficient work history is determined based on a credit system. These credits are valued differently each year – so, for 2021, one work credit is available for every $1,470 you earn, and you can receive up to four each year. Younger applicants are not expected to have as many work credits to qualify.
Our team can tell you more about these work history requirements, help you understand if you are eligible for SSDI, and assist you with navigating the claim process.
Supplemental Security Income
SSI is a benefit that offers cash payments to help those with low incomes meet their basic expenses, such as for housing. Before you apply for this benefit, you should be able to show that you:
- Are over 65, blind, or have another disability
- Meet the SSA’s income requirements
When calculating if you meet these income requirements, the SSA will take into account several factors, such as:
- Where you live
- Resources you own, such as bank accounts and bonds
South Carolina Benefits for Physical Impairment Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How Do You Know If Your Physical Impairment Qualifies For Disability Benefits?
The SSA lists qualifying disabilities through a manual referred to as The Blue Book. Some physical impairments that qualify for Social Security Disability benefits include, among others:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Abnormality of a major joint
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Skeletal spine disorders
- Recurring fractures or non-healing fractures
- Amputation of one or more limbs
Other health conditions can also have a substantial effect on your ability to work. For instance, you may have a serious health condition such as:
- Digestive ailment
- Cardiovascular ailment
- Immune system disorder
These conditions may severely impair your physical fitness for work and may even qualify you for SSD.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
What Is Involved in the Disability Benefits Application Process?
Seeking disability benefits is a process that can require time and attention to paperwork details. You may need to work through one or more of the following steps:
Prepare Your Application
You will need evidence to prove that your physical impairment prevents you from working and present:
- Medical records
- Doctors’ contact information
- Doctors’ notes describing your physical condition
- Records of missed work
- A description of your work history
Your doctors can also submit information to the SSA to show your health history.
We can review your application and help you understand if you need to submit any additional paperwork.
Submit Your Claim
Once your paperwork is ready, you can submit your claim to the SSA. Our team can help you with the filing.
Keep in mind that it can take anywhere from three to five months to process your application.
You can expect to receive a notice from the SSA explaining your next steps. Your claim may be accepted, denied, or the SSA may request additional information in order to move forward.
If your claim is denied, don’t worry. It is common to receive an initial denial. We will help you with the appeal process and advise you about your next steps in the appeal, which may involve requesting a reconsideration or a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).
An ALJ may agree to hear your case for benefits and review whether or not your denial was in line with Social Security laws. We can represent you at this hearing. If the ALJ denies your claim again, we can take your case to federal court.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How a Lawyer From George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Can Help You
If you suffered a serious injury or illness that impairs your physical ability to work, our lawyers want to help you fight for the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Our South Carolina team can be with you through every step of your disability benefits application process. We can:
- Explain if your physical impairment may qualify you for SSD benefits
- Tell you what benefits you’re eligible for
- Help ensure you have all the documentation you need to file a claim
- Assist you with filing
- Review any denial you receive
- Initiate the appeal process
- Represent you during hearings
- Take your case to federal court
- Advise you of your options throughout the process
Why Work with the South Carolina Team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers?
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we make our clients a priority. We’ve helped more than 40,000 people with injuries or disabilities in more than 40 years.1 We will fight for the compensation you need.
We can also:
- Visit you in your home or hospital, if you cannot travel to us
- Offer you a free case review
- Represent you based on contingency, so you owe nothing unless we get results for you*
Our past clients can testify to their positive experience with our team:
- “My experience here was nothing but amazing and well worth my time. The staff is very friendly, helpful and patient. I’d recommend this company to anyone in need and will also ensure them that they will get everything and all the help they need.” -Sunitha N.¹
- “Caring and knowledgeable staff. They were full of answers for my situation and very able and willing to help. Highly recommended!” -Nathaniel K.¹
Our South Carolina Attorneys Can Help You Get SSD Benefits – Call Us For Free
If you are facing a physical impairment and are unable to work, you may feel stressed and worried about how you will pay your bills as you recover. You may be anxious for your future and your family. Let us help. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping people with disabilities in South Carolina as they seek the Social Security Disability benefits they deserve.
Call our team today for a free case review to learn how we can help: (888) 612-7001.
- Can You Get SSDI For Temporary Disabilities?
- How To Adjust To Lifestyle Changes Caused By Disability
- What is the Social Security Disability Listing of Impairments?
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001