Property owners in the state of South Carolina are required to address safety hazards and maintain their premises. If the property owner did not take proper measures, and you slipped and fell due to a hazard on the property, you may be entitled to recover compensation.
You can recover financially for pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages related to the accident. But you do not want to delay, as medical expenses can mount quickly. A slip and fall lawyer in Union, SC, from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is waiting to talk to you.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Establishing Property Owner Negligence for a Slip and Fall
Your case must establish that the property owner’s negligence caused your injuries and you suffered damages. Some of the questions that your lawsuit must answer include:
- Did the property owner take measures to prevent accidents?
- Did the property owner fail to correct hazards?
- Did the property owner fail to warn visitors of hazards?
- Did the hazard on the property cause your slip and fall and resultant injury?
Some examples of negligence that can cause slip and fall accidents include:
- Inadequately lit areas that hide or fail to illuminate tripping hazards.
- Tripping hazards, such as loose cords or rugs.
- Wet surfaces caused by spills, failure to clean-up spills, moisture tracked in from outside, or naturally slick surfaces such as stone or tile.
- Damaged ramps and staircases, including loose or broken handrails as well as damaged or missing steps.
- Uneven surfaces such as cracks in the sidewalk, damaged floorboards, bunched or torn carpet, or broken tile.
Union Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How to Document a Slip and Fall Accident in Union, SC
- Document everything you know about the incident. As soon as you receive treatment for injuries, promptly document the events leading up to the slip or fall. Report the accident to the property owner or manager if you have not already; ask for a copy and keep it for your records.
- Gather photos, videos, and statements from witnesses. Compile any evidence you have and keep it in a safe place for use in your lawsuit. The evidence may be essential to prove liability for your accident.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney in Union, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. Our legal team offers an initial case evaluation at no cost to you. The consultation is 100% confidential. If you are incapacitated and unable to travel to our office for the appointment, we will travel to you.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Types of Property Owners Liable for Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are generally avoidable. Public spaces and private businesses with high volumes of traffic sometimes fail to post adequate warning signs regarding wet and slippery surfaces. In other circumstances, the property owner knowingly disregarded maintenance and necessary repairs.
Slip and fall accidents take place in many different settings, including:
- Private residences
- Places of employment
- Office buildings
- Retail stores
- Sports stadiums or arenas
- Other commercial establishments
Our Union, SC, slip and fall lawyers will represent your best interests in a premises liability claim. Our firm has represented slip and fall victims for over 40 years in South Carolina and will help you fight for fair compensation.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall accident may cause traumatic brain injury, which can lead to headaches, cognitive problems, and other complications. Other injuries people may suffer in a slip and fall include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries (sprains or strains)
Some injuries are life-threatening and even result in wrongful death.
In some cases, the injuries from a slip and fall are not immediately apparent yet lead to chronic pain and suffering. Thus, it is important to seek medical care if you slipped and fell. If you did not go to the emergency room after your accident, make an appointment with your doctor right away for an evaluation.
Get Legal Assistance From a Slip and Fall Lawyer Serving Union, SC
Slip and fall accidents are generally avoidable with proper property maintenance. Do not make the mistake of assuming that the accident is your fault. In many cases, the property owner acted with negligence.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has successfully handled over 40,000 personal injury cases and will fight on your behalf. You deserve fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to a slip and fall accident.
Learn more about filing a premises liability claim by calling our law firm or filling out our online form to speak with a Union slip and fall lawyer during a free case review. Do not delay – victims of slip and fall cases only pay attorney fees when they receive compensation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001