In a survey, AAA Exchange states that, in the prior year, approximately 80% of drivers experienced:
- Road rage
- Significant anger
Any of these emotions could lead a driver to:
- Operate their vehicle in a way that puts themselves and others at risk of injury
- Cause an accident
- Cause injury
- Cause one or more deaths
An accident caused by road rage or any aggressive driving tactic may be reason for you to seek compensation through a lawsuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about the services of a Savannah road rage accident lawyer.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Instances of Road Rage May Be Alarmingly Common
The journal Psychiatry MMC found that approximately 33% of recorded respondents reported themselves as “perpetrators of road rage.” Considering that road rage may exist in a broad spectrum of forms, it may be possible that most drivers have engaged in a behavior that qualifies as road rage at some point in their driving lives.
While the specific conditions that a driver experiences on a given road may ultimately determine their likelihood of experiencing a road rage incident, Psychiatry MMC adds that other determining factors may include:
- A motorist’s psychological disposition
- The amount of time (or number of miles) that a driver spends driving
- The density of traffic on a road
- A driver’s use of alcohol or drugs
These are just a few of the potential prerequisites to a road rage incident.
Possible Causes of Road Rage
A clinical trial from the U.S. National Library of Medicine states that driving is the single most dangerous behavior that individuals engage in on a regular basis, and also suggests that seemingly innocuous factors may incite somebody to drive in an aggressive manner attributable to road rage. The study’s hypothesis indicates that road rage triggers could include:
- Political bumper sticks or other forms of political messaging on a vehicle
- The driver’s relative level of sobriety or intoxication, which may increase their proclivity for experiencing rage while driving
- The type of music that they or another driver is playing
- Environmental factors on or near a roadway
Additionally, it may be possible that road rage could be triggered by:
- The perception that another motorist acted in some intentional way that put oneself at risk of harm, such as merging into one’s lane in a dangerous fashion
- The perception that somebody is driving in a careless manner
- The perception that one or more vehicles are driving in an excessively slow or inconsiderate manner, impeding one’s ability to get where they are headed in an efficient timeframe
- A disrespectful gesture, whether it is real or perceived
In some instances, a motorist may be in a poor mood before they enter their vehicle, which could be a recipe for a road rage incident to occur.
There is no excuse for aggressive driving due to road rage, and those who cause an accident because of aggressive driving may be found financially liable for their victims’ accident-related losses. If you or a loved one has been in a road rage-related accident, call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for information about the services a Savannah road rage accident lawyer may provide you or your loved one.
Savannah Road Rage Accidents Lawyer Near Me912-225-4600
Road Rage Accidents May Be Devastating
Accidents that happen because of road rage may inflict consequences upon victims which:
- Cause significant physical harm, and possibly death
- Result in lasting cognitive consequences, possibly including brain damage and long-term or permanent trauma
- Impose great financial loss
- May permanently erode the victim’s trust in other drivers to act in a rational, safety-conscious manner
The health consequences of a road rage accident may be of the utmost concern. Possible outcomes of any car accident may include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury, which may cause paralysis, chronic pain, or other related health conditions
- Broken bones
- Harm to internal organs, which may create internal bleeding and other insidious health problems
- Cuts, bruises, burns, and other injuries that could result in scarring or maiming
Suffering one or more injuries during a road rage accident may:
- Prevent you from working, either temporarily or permanently
- Cause you to be confined to a medical facility, or your own home, for an indefinite period of time
- Produce long-lasting or chronic health consequences, which could restrict you in several ways
- Alter your professional career by preventing you from working in the line of work that you did before the accident
- Harm you financially by limiting the types of jobs you are able to hold, and possibly the number of hours that you are able to work
- Lead to a decline in your mental health, possibly including conditions such as depression and anxiety
Insurance settlements may not provide adequate compensation for the losses you have suffered due to somebody’s road rage. Even if a settlement is sufficient financially for direct costs, a road rage accident may compel you to seek additional harm for the willful danger that somebody put you in by driving aggressively.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!912-225-4600
Consider Hiring a Lawyer After a Road Rage Accident
You may be limited physically, psychologically, and emotionally after your road rage accident, and a lawyer may be able to pursue compensation for you with little obligation from you. A lawyer may act within their power to:
- Prove that you were the victim of negligence, and possibly gross negligence
- Obtain a settlement that you believe is fair
- Win a judgement for you if no settlement emerges
- Help you cover the financial losses you have suffered, and collect compensation for the non-economic harm you have endured
A lawyer could take the stress of seeking compensation off of your plate by fighting for compensation on your behalf.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers may be able to collect evidence that a road rage incident caused you harm and advise you on your options for pursuing any compensation that you are entitled to.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about the ways in which a Savannah road rage accident lawyer may assist you.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?912-225-4600