For many years, South Carolina has registered the highest number of deaths as a result of aggressive driving. According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, more than 700 people were injured because of car accidents due to aggressive driving in 2017. AAA also found that many drivers express significant anger towards other motorists while behind the wheel.
The problem of aggressive driving and road rage remains severe today. If you or your loved one has been hurt because of an aggressive driving motor vehicle accident, we can help you take legal action and hold the at-fault party accountable. An aggressive driving accident lawyer in Mount Pleasant from the Law Offices of George Sink, P. A. Injury Lawyers can help you to explore your legal options.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Understanding Aggressive Driving
Aggressive driving is a collective term used for a range of dangerous driving behaviors that considerably increase the likelihood of a car accident. Aggressive drivers often put themselves, their passengers, and other road users at risk of injury and even death.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration defines aggressive driving as “a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property.” This includes such behaviors as:
- Disregard of traffic signs
- Failure to yield right of way
- Tailgating (i.e., following motorists ahead of you too closely)
- Car racing
- Weaving in and out of traffic lanes
- Unsafe or illegal overtaking (i.e., over a double yellow line, around a blind curve, on a hill, or on the right side in a non-dual carriageway)
- Disregard of traffic lights or stop signs
- Cutting off other motorists and then slowing down
- Sudden braking without good reason, or to punish other motorists
- Seeking confrontations with other motorists (e.g., making aggressive gestures)
Speeding can also be characterized as aggressive driving, and its ill effects speak for themselves. Speeding becomes even more dangerous when combined with other behaviors of aggressive driving.
Mount Pleasant Aggressive Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
The Dangers of Aggressive Driving That May Have Caused Your Accident
Aggressive driving is a major cause for concern because the driver’s ill behavior not only endangers themself, but it also endangers the lives and wellbeing of other road users. Vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists often suffer more serious injuries and fatalities when involved in these crashes.
Aggressive drivers pose a danger to themselves and others because:
- They are less likely to make timely reactions to unexpected road situations (e.g., braking in time)
- They are less likely to stop before crashing into other vehicles or obstacles in their way
- They do not exercise full control over their vehicles because their state of mind is compromised
- High-speed driving can cause greater damage during car crashes because of potential energy from the momentum
- They can cause intentional harm on the people they consider to be “in their way”
Occasionally, aggressive drivers can move to even more dangerous behaviors, characterized as “road rage.” In these instances, the offending driver may intentionally cause harm to another motorist or road user. If you were harmed due to any of the reasons listed above, you have options.
If you have been injured because of an accident with an aggressive driver, it is your right to take legal action against them. Apart from criminal proceedings, you can initiate civil proceedings because of their unsafe driving behavior.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Damages for Personal Injury Due to Aggressive Driving You May Be Able to Recover
If you have been involved in a collision due to another motorist’s aggressive behavior, you may be entitled to claim damages. Depending on the specifics of your case, you can claim the following damages:
- Medical expenses – Past, present, and future bills incurred as a result of your injuries
- Lost income – Wages lost because of your inability to work as a result of your injuries, including time off for follow-up checks and rehabilitative treatment
- Property damage – Damage to your vehicle and/or other personal property
- Pain and suffering – Physical and psychological anguish because of the accident
- Emotional distress – Mental anguish and related symptoms in the aftermath of the crash
- Diminished value – Loss of vehicle’s value because of the accident, which is the difference between the car’s value before and after the accident
- Wrongful death – if your loved one died because of the crash
An aggressive driving accident attorney in Mount Pleasant from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can investigate the circumstances of your case and calculate compensable damages accurately.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Your Lawyer Can Handle Your Case for You
It can be difficult to pursue an aggressive driving claim, especially when it comes to proving that the at-fault motorist was willfully aggressive. This is why you may want to retain a Mount Pleasant aggressive driving accident attorney.
There are many complexities involved in building a strong case. Our legal team will pursue your case by:
- Seeking records and testimony to ascertain medical expenses
- Examining crash scene footage and black box data
- Consulting with car crash experts to recreate the moments leading to the crash
- Tracking down and collecting testimonies from eyewitnesses
- Combing official and unofficial sources for all evidence related to the moments before and after the crash
It can take a while to collect this evidence and build the strongest case possible to get the compensation you deserve. This is why we advise you to consult an attorney as soon as possible after a motor vehicle accident has occurred. It would be best if you did this before giving official statements to the police or the at-fault motorists’ insurance adjusters.
The Law Offices of George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Can Help You
If you were injured because of a car accident due to road rage or combative driving, it is your right to hold the at-fault motorist accountable. Our Mount Pleasant aggressive driving accident lawyers have worked with many victims to get them the justice they deserve.
Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by phone or by filling out our online form for your free and confidential consultation and case evaluation today.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001