Riding a moped is a great, low-cost way to get around, especially in cities where parking and traffic jams can be frustrating. Unfortunately, because of the nature of a moped, the injuries you can sustain in an accident while riding a moped can be severe and even result in death.
If you have been recently injured in a moped accident, you are probably in pain and feeling frustrated and overwhelmed by the sudden physical limitations placed on you. If your injuries were caused by another driver’s negligent actions, you have the right to hold him or her responsible for the losses you have incurred.
Call a Macon moped accident lawyer today for a free case review.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Common Causes of Moped Accidents You Can Sue For
Two of the biggest drawbacks of operating a moped on the road is that they are small and quiet. Other drivers are often unaware of their presence. Some of the most common causes of moped accidents are:
- Drivers distracted by cell phones, the radio, talking to passengers, or other things while operating a vehicle
- Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Turning in front of a moped and misjudging its speed
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Turning into a bike lane without seeing the moped in the lane
- Failing to see a moped in the car’s blind spot
- Rear-ending the moped, as mopeds are able to stop more quickly than a passenger vehicle
When drivers fail to take precautions and drive responsibly, they can cause serious harm to others on the road, especially moped drivers who may only have a helmet protecting them from serious injuries.
Macon Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me478-220-4863
Common Injuries After a Moped Accident
Some of the more common injuries that occur after a moped accident include:
- Head or brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck and/or spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Loss of limbs, hands, feet, or fingers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a moped accident, we are here to help. Contact us to set up your free, no-obligation consultation. A moped accident attorney in Macon, GA, is ready to work with you.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!478-220-4863
Steps to Avoid Moped Accidents
If you drive a moped, you should take extra precautions when riding in traffic to reduce the likelihood of an accident. Some precautions you may want to consider in order to avoid accidents include:
- Wear a helmet and eye protection
- Wear a jacket that is bright and visible
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Avoid blind spots
- Give ample notice to other cars that you are turning
- Exercise extreme precaution when approaching intersections
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Damages You May Be Entitled to After a Moped Accident in Macon, GA
The damages that you are entitled to can vary depending on the details related to your accident. Damages that victims are often able to recover in cases similar to yours include:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance rides, surgeries, doctors’ examinations, medications, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and ongoing care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning ability, benefits, or pension
- Property damage
- Domestic services, such as a hired nurse or caregiver
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
If your loved one dies as a result of the injuries sustained in the accident, your family may be entitled to damages related to his or her wrongful death. Some of the damages you may be able to collect are:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of wages and benefits provided by the victim
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses
If your loved one died as a result of another driver’s negligence in a moped accident, you may be entitled to compensation related to your losses.
How a Macon Moped Accident Attorney Can Help You Build a Strong Case
If you are in pain, watching the bills continue to pile up, and find yourself unable to work because of your injuries, it can be tempting to accept a small payout from the negligent party’s insurance company.
However, it is important to know that insurance companies prefer to settle quickly and with as little cost to them as possible. We can help you understand your options for recovering compensation for your losses and look out for your best interests. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our team makes you our priority.
Here are a few ways we can help:
- We make sure all of your questions are answered and in a timely manner.
- We keep you informed of our progress every step of the way.
- We arrange for you to be examined by a medical professional if you have not been already, regardless of whether you have health insurance.
- We gather copies of all relevant documents, including medical bills, police reports, eyewitness statements, and accident scene photographs.
- We review laws and legal precedents that are relevant to your accident.
- We negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to the fullest extent of your injuries.
Contact Our Moped Accident Lawyers in Macon, GA Today
Contact us today to set up your risk-free consultation. Our team of investigators, lawyers, and legal professionals are here and ready to assess your case and fight for your rights to pursue compensation. Call us now.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?478-220-4863