Moped accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, from scrapes and cuts to traumatic brain injuries and even death. If you were injured in a moped accident, you may not be sure where to turn or what to do.
The legal team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact our moped accident lawyers in Laurens, SC, today to discuss the details of your case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Common Causes of Moped Accidents
The South Carolina DMV defines a moped as a cycle with a motor less than 50 ccs, with less than two brake horsepower, and a speed limit of 30 miles per hour. Due to their small size and relatively slow speeds, moped riders can be at risk of serious injury when they are involved in accidents.
The most common causes of moped accidents our legal team sees include:
- Distracted drivers who are texting, adjusting the radio, or even eating while driving.
- Road rage incidents, when another driver either intentionally or unintentionally puts a moped rider at risk by cutting them off, riding too close, etc.
- Commercial vehicle accidents, when a professional driver fails to rest as required by federal law or fails to check mirrors carefully for small mopeds.
- Drivers who open their doors into traffic without checking for mopeds.
- Drivers who fail to follow traffic laws, such as signaling lane changes or driving through red lights.
No matter what caused your moped accident, you may be eligible to recover damages from the at-fault party. Our legal team is here to help you.
Laurens Moped Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How a Moped Accauident Lawyer Serving Lrens, SC, Can Help
After your moped accident, you may be in pain, scared, and unsure what your next steps should be. A moped accident attorney in Laurens, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help in the following ways:
Determine Who Is At Fault
Several parties may be at fault for your injuries. Our team will get to the bottom of who can be held liable. This might include:
- A manufacturer of a faulty part that caused your moped or another vehicle to malfunction
- The moped rental company who failed to maintain the moped you were driving
- Another driver who failed to follow South Carolina traffic laws
Build a Claim
After we determine who is at fault, our team will work to build a strong claim to support the pursuit of compensation for your injuries, losses, and expenses. This might include gathering evidence such as police reports and calculating the full extent of your damages.
Negotiate a Settlement With the At-Fault Party
After we determine fault and build your claim, we will pursue compensation for your damages. In some cases, this may mean showing the at-fault party’s insurance company how they are liable and negotiating a settlement. In other cases, we may need to take your claim to court.
A Laurens, SC, moped accident lawyer will fight for your rights no matter which path your case takes.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Damages Commonly Awarded in Moped Accidents
Moped accidents can be tragic, resulting in severe injuries or even the wrongful death of a loved one. Although the exact amount of damages you can recover will depend upon the details of your case, common damages awarded in moped accident cases include:
- Medical bills, such as emergency care, doctor’s visits, surgery, and long-term care
- Personal property damages, including the cost of replacing or repairing your moped
- Lost current or future wages due to injuries sustained in your moped accident
- Pain and suffering damages
- Wrongful death damages, which can include funeral costs, loss of companionship, and medical bills incurred before your loved one passed
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Contact a Moped Accident Lawyer Serving Laurens, SC, Today
If you or a loved one were injured due to a moped accident, legal help is just a phone call away. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today by phone or online to speak to a moped accident lawyer in Laurens in a free case review. Just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001