Many people use ridesharing apps every day to get where they need to go. Uber and Lyft have become a popular form of public transportation by enabling easy access, affordability, and more control over the process. In many cases, it is just so much easier to grab a ride through your app than it is to drive somewhere yourself. As a result, ridesharing has changed the modern landscape of transportation.
However, despite all the conveniences and the benefits of grabbing an Uber or a Lyft, the efficiency does not change the basic fact that ridesharing still consists of motor vehicle travel, which can still result in a motor vehicle accident. If an accident occurs while you are in an Uber or Lyft, and the accident is caused by the rideshare driver, they may be liable for the accident and the injuries that come as a result.
If you were in an accident that occurred while you were traveling in an Uber or Lyft in Lancaster, South Carolina, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and other losses. A Lancaster Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney may be able to provide valuable insight into your accident and the damages you may be able to collect.
To learn more about the potential options that may be available to you, contact the legal team of George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today. We offer a free case review, and we will evaluate your case to help you understand what you may be entitled to, what your rights are, and how to bring a claim against the ridesharing company’s insurance.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Uber and Lyft Insurance Coverage for Car Accidents
When attempting to determine liability in any car accident, the specific circumstances of the accident must be examined. In Uber or Lyft car accidents, to determine liability, it is important to understand certain aspects of the accident because these specifics will determine how the injuries and damages are covered. Uber and Lyft are app-based services, and this plays a role in how liability is established.
The insurance provided by Uber or Lyft will cover the accident up to a certain policy limit amount if the ridesharing driver is responsible under these circumstances:
- The Uber or Lyft rideshare driver was transporting a passenger when the accident happened
- The driver was presently in transit when the accident occurred, on their way to get a passenger
- The driver was logged into their Uber or Lyft app when the accident happened, in search of their next passenger
If the accident is deemed to be the fault of the Uber or Lyft driver and any of these conditions applied at the time of the accident, their ridesharing insurance provided by either Uber or Lyft will cover the expenses that arise from the accident, up to the maximum amount of coverage in the policy, under most circumstances.
Though these specific rules apply, if you have been injured in an accident that occurred while you were in a rideshare vehicle, you may benefit from discussing your case with a legal professional. If you suffered injuries, an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney in Lancaster may be able to help you pursue compensation to cover your expenses and damages.
Lancaster Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Compensation You May Be Eligible for After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Our dedicated team of Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers in Lancaster can review your accident-related expenses to determine what your accident claim may mean for you.
Among the types of compensation you may be eligible to collect are:
- Medical expenses: to manage your expenses that have come from your medical treatment for your injuries, you may be able to collect awards that cover your hospital stay, any surgeries, medical equipment, prescription medications, physical therapy, or other expenses related to your treatment.
- Loss of wages: if you have missed work and, as a result, have lost wages, or if your injuries have halted you from earning income at your former level (before the accident), you may be able to pursue monetary compensation.
- Pain and suffering: if your injuries have caused emotional hardship, noneconomic awards for your pain and suffering may be claimed in your case.
Contact our legal team today for more information on the options that may be available to you.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Uber and Lyft Insurance Coverage Amounts
In South Carolina, drivers of ridesharing vehicles must maintain personal auto insurance as well as the coverage that is provided by Uber and Lyft. Additionally, some drivers choose to increase their level of protection by purchasing commercial insurance as well.
Uber and Lyft both provide insurance coverage that includes:
- Personal injury protection
- Collision coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
So long as the driver of the rideshare vehicle is logged into their app and is transporting a passenger, on the way to retrieve a passenger, or is actively engaged in the search for passengers, they are at least partially covered in the event of an accident. Specific details of the coverage both Uber and Lyft provide include:
- If the rideshare driver is logged into the app but is not retrieving or transporting a passenger in the vehicle, there is $50,000 in bodily injury coverage available per individual and $100,000 in bodily injury insurance coverage available per accident. $25,000 in additional property damage coverage is also available.
- Uber and Lyft both provide a maximum of $1 million in third-party liability coverage if drivers are picking up a passenger or are transporting a passenger when the accident occurs. Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage is also provided if an accident is caused by another driver who does not have adequate insurance coverage.
- If the driver is not currently logged into their Uber or Lyft app and an accident occurs, their own insurance coverage will handle the expenses resulting from the accident.
The question of auto insurance coverage may get confusing when one of the drivers involved is an Uber or Lyft driver. Our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys in Lancaster can help you determine whether or not you were covered by rideshare insurance during your accident.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Let a Lancaster Rideshare Accident Lawyer Help Your Case
After an accident that happened while you were riding in a rideshare vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation. This is particularly important if you have been injured or have dealt with other expenses as a result of the accident. A Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Lancaster may be able to help with your case if you are considering filing a claim.
Contact our professional legal team today for more information. We offer a free case evaluation, and we charge nothing upfront for legal services. Above all, we want you to just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001