Being disabled could put great strain on you and your loved ones, with financial losses being among the most immediate consequences of your disability. Social Security-funded disability benefits may be an option to ease your financial burden. A social security disability attorney in Georgetown may be able to help you complete a claim or appeal in pursuit of financial relief.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for additional details of how we may help you seek Social Security disability benefits. Just focus on getting better and let us handle the rest.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Conditions That Could Warrant Social Security Disability Benefits
The Social Security Administration (SSA) provides an extensive list of conditions that could entitle you to Social Security disability benefits. Its list of conditions includes those affecting:
- Your neurological system
- Your musculoskeletal system
- Your heart and other features of your cardiovascular system
- Your skin
- Your digestive system
- Your mental health
Ailments that could entitle you to disability benefits may include acute injuries, injuries that come from long-term wear and tear, diseases such as cancer, and degenerative disorders. If you have not already, then you may want to do the following in preparation to file a disability claim or appeal:
- Obtain a formal medical diagnosis for your disability
- Obtain a recent assessment of your disability and symptoms
- Document how your disability has affected you professionally and financially
- Speak with the team for a lawyer, as they may assist you in completing a claim, appeal, or both
Our team of social security disability lawyers in Georgetown may be able to help you complete the duties listed above and help you advance your pursuit of disability compensation.
Georgetown Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
How a Lawyer May Help You Pursue Disability Benefits
Having a team of Georgetown social security disability attorneys assist with your case for Social Security disability benefits could help you reduce the time, effort, and patience that you must expend seeking compensation. If you are personally disabled, then hiring a lawyer may allow you to complete specific tasks that would be otherwise difficult or impossible for you to accomplish.
Some of the duties of your lawyer may include:
- Helping you obtain documentation of your injury or condition
- Obtaining documentation of your work history, which could affect your eligibility for disability benefits
- Organizing documents that show your financial losses from your disability
- Filing a Social Security disability benefit claim
- Handling communications with SSA officials
- Interpreting instructions from SSA officials
- Collecting and submitting any supporting documentation necessary to complete your claim
- Filing and completing any necessary appeal
Your lawyer’s goal will be to help you obtain the amount of disability benefits that you deserve through the proper channels. They may help you plan your pursuit of compensation, collect required documents, and submit those documents as part of a claim or appeal. Your Georgetown Social Security disability lawyer can see the disability benefits claims and appeals processes through to completion.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for specific details of how we will fight on your behalf for disability compensation.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
You May Have Multiple Options for Compensation
Two Social Security-funded programs through which you may be able to collect disability benefits are Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
The Legal Information Institute (LII) explains that you may be eligible for SSI if you are disabled and cannot afford basic necessities such as food, shelter, and clothing. You may qualify for SSI even if you are not eligible for SSDI, and a lawyer may help you file a claim or appeal for SSI benefits.
You could be eligible to collect both SSI and SSDI benefits. The SSA states that to qualify for SSDI benefits, you generally must:
- Fit the SSA’s definition of what it means to be disabled
- Have earned enough “work credits” to qualify for disability benefit coverage
- Have a disability that has lasted for one year or longer or is expected to last longer than a year
There may be other specific considerations that apply to your pursuit of disability benefits. Our social security disability attorneys in Georgetown may advise you on whether you are likely to qualify for SSI benefits, SSDI benefits, or both kinds of benefits. They may then help you pursue those benefits.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Social Security Disability Benefits Could Help You Recover
Depending on the prognosis of your ailment, having access to Social Security disability benefits could be a step towards you getting healthy. If you are not able to secure the benefits that you deserve, then:
- You may be forced to work in ways that make your physical and mental condition worse
- You may not be able to afford the type of treatment that would aid your recovery
- You may not be able to afford the frequency of treatment that you need
- You may face an unsustainable amount of stress
- You could face serious physical and mental consequences that may have been avoidable were you to receive the disability benefits that you deserve
There may be much on the line in your fight for Social Security disability benefits, and a lawyer can be an ally as you seek financial relief for your disability. A lawyer may also assist you if a loved one is disabled and unable to seek disability benefits on their own.
Consult With a Georgetown Social Security Disability Attorney
The decision to hire a social security disability lawyer in Georgetown could mean taking a substantial weight off of your shoulders. A lawyer may handle your disability benefit claim, and any necessary appeal, from start to finish while you focus on your recovery. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001