Forbes notes that the rise of ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft has corresponded with a rise in auto collisions. You may have reason to file an insurance claim or lawsuit if you or a loved one has been the victim of a rideshare accident.
A Georgetown Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may be able to help you with either pursuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details about how a lawyer may be able to assist you after a rideshare wreck.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Rideshare Drivers Are Fallible
Just as any motorist can be distracted, upset, or prone to accident-causing errors, Uber and Lyft drivers are fallible. When a ridesharing driver causes a crash, they may be personally responsible for the harm that they cause, or the company that contracts them may cover your losses.
There are several behaviors that may result in a ridesharing driver causing an accident, including those that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) refers to as “risky driving.” Potentially dangerous motorist behaviors include:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Driving faster than the posted speed limit
- Driving aggressively
- Changing lanes abruptly
- Turning in front of oncoming vehicles without adequate clearance
- Failing to use headlights when necessary
- Disobeying red lights and stop signs
Liability for an accident involving a ridesharing driver may be assessed similarly to accidents not involving ridesharing vehicles. The presence of passengers in a ridesharing vehicle may make such accidents different, however, and insurance policies for Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing companies may account for the unique aspects of ridesharing liability.
Georgetown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Uber and Lyft Have Insurance Coverage
Uber and Lyft have extensive insurance to account for any harm that their contracted drivers are responsible for. These policies may apply to you whether you are:
- A rider in a ridesharing vehicle
- A motorist in a vehicle struck by a ridesharing driver
- A passenger in a vehicle struck by a ridesharing driver
- A pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist involved in an accident with a ridesharing vehicle
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
Damages Your May Recover After a Rideshare Accident
Ridesharing company insurance policies may account for your accident-related losses, which may include economic and noneconomic damages such as:
- Medical expenses
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
- Lost wages
Insurance protections provided by Uber and Lyft insurance policies may reach up to $1 million in total losses, but in other cases, the limits may be lower. Under certain circumstances, you may not be covered at all for your accident-related losses.
If a driver did not have their driver application running at the time of your accident or there is a dispute about the facts of your accident, then insurance may not be there for you when you need it.
A Georgetown Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer may assist you with your insurance claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about how we may be able to assist you.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Your Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Can Fight for You
If you choose to hire a lawyer to assist with your insurance claim or lawsuit, then they may fight on your behalf for any compensation that you deserve. Some of the services that our Georgetown Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys may provide include:
- Defending your rights just after your accident
- Dealing with insurance companies on your behalf
- Helping you seek medical care
- Obtaining documentation for your injuries and healthcare costs
- Calculating your lost wages and other accident-related damages
- Negotiating an insurance settlement
- Filing a lawsuit if you cannot agree to an insurance settlement
- Filing all paperwork necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Making in-court appearances on your behalf
- Ensuring your lawsuit reaches completion
Our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorneys in Georgetown can defend your rights throughout the time that they represent you. Insurance companies, others involved in your accident, and even ridesharing companies may have an interest in violating your rights, and your lawyer may ensure that they are not able to do so.
How Your Lawyer Will Prove Negligence
One way in which your lawyer may be able to serve you is by proving that you are the victim of negligence, international acts, or strict liability, which are the standards for liability in a personal injury claim, as explained by the American Bar Association (ABA).
Our Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers in Georgetown may accomplish this goal by:
- Establishing that defendants named in your lawsuit owed you a duty of care
- Showing that defendants named in your lawsuit breached their duty of care to you
- Establishing a causal link between the breach of duty of care and your accident
- Establishing a link between your accident and your losses
A duty of care may generally require somebody to protect you from an unreasonable risk of harm. A motorist, ridesharing company, or another type of defendant may have put you at risk of injury or death and may be financially responsible as a result.
Possible Damages Availabe After a Ridesharing Accident
If your Uber and Lyft rideshare accident attorney in Georgetown negotiates a settlement or obtains a favorable judgement on your behalf, then you may be able to collect compensation for accident-related damages. These may include:
- Healthcare costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Diminished earning power
- Harm to your quality of life
You may have experienced losses beyond these, and your lawyer will aim to account for all of the harm that you have suffered as the result of a ridesharing accident.
Call a Georgetown Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Attorney
You may choose to hire a Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in Georgetown if you would like help seeking compensation from a rideshare accident. Do not wait to call, as you may have a time-limited period to seek compensation.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about our services. Just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001