The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that disability in the United States:
- Affects more than one-quarter of the adult population
- Is more prevalent among certain groups
- Is correlated with other health factors
- May afflict those who do not have the resources to properly care for their disability
Obtaining Social Security-funded disability benefits is one way to ease the burden of your disability. A social security disability lawyer in Gaffney can help you apply for disability benefits.
Our team can handle as much of your claim or appeal as you would like. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about our services.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
A Lawyer May Lead Your Pursuit of Benefits
Statistics from the Social Security Administration (SSA) show that, in any given year, a large number of Social Security disability benefit applications will not be approved. A lawyer may be able to help you with the uncertainty that may come from receiving unexpected results from your initial disability claim.
Concerning your initial Social Security disability claim, a lawyer may:
- Collect documentation of your injury or condition
- Document evidence of how your injuries or condition has affected you professionally
- Organize medical opinions regarding the long-term prognosis of your injury or condition
- Quantify the amount of income you have lost because of your disability
- File your claim
- Complete all follow-up correspondence about your claim
Gaffney Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
Filing a Social Security Disability Claim Appeal
You may consider filing an appeal if your disability benefit claim is denied or you are assigned a level of benefits you feel is inadequate. There are a few specific stages of an appeal that the SSA details, each of which your lawyer can help you complete. These appeal stages include:
- Requesting that your case be reconsidered
- Having your appeal heard by an administrative law judge
- Having your appeal elevated to an Appeals Council
- Having your appeal heard by a Federal Court
Through each appeal stage, you may find yourself dealing with new departments, individuals, and procedures. Our team of Gaffney social security disability attorneys are familiar with the various stages of SSA appeals and can handle each aspect of your appeal as is appropriate.
Having a lawyer’s guidance, advice, and services at your disposal could reduce your need to be hands-on in your claim or appeal. This may allow you to focus on treating your disability, spending time with your loved ones, and caring for other aspects of your life that deserve your attention.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!888-612-7001
Your Lawyer May Show the Harm of Your Disability
Every disability is unique. Your lawyer’s job is to show the SSA how your disability has harmed you. The most immediate concern may be how your disability has interfered with your ability to earn a living as you did pre-disability.
Some possible ways that a disability could interfere with your professional life include:
- Preventing you from working labor-heavy jobs because of your physical limitations
- Preventing you from working thinking- or concentration-heavy jobs because of your cognitive limitations
- Requiring you to work fewer hours to avoid negative physical or mental aggravation of your disability
- Generally restricting the pool of jobs that you can hold
- Changing you from a full-time worker to a part-time worker
The extent to which you can work with your disability could determine the level of disability benefits that you may collect. You may be able to collect benefits even if you are employed in some capacity.
A Gaffney Social Security disability lawyer may be able to review the facts of your case, plot a strategy for pursuing compensation, and execute the plan. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
You May Be Entitled to Disability Benefits
One of the benefits of being in America is the idea that, if you fall on difficult times because of a disability, you should not be left completely out to dry. Social Security-funded programs may be one of the ways for you to support yourself and your dependents if you are not able to work as you did before your disability emerged.
The SSA notes that the two primary forms of disability benefits they provide are:
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Your lawyer may review your disability circumstances, work history, and other relevant factors to determine whether you should pursue one or both of these forms of assistance. You may generally qualify to collect SSDI if:
- You were in the workforce long enough to be covered by SSDI before becoming disabled
- You worked in a job or industry which qualified you for SSDI eligibility
- Your disability has prevented or is likely to prevent you from working for at least one year, or is a condition that is likely to be fatal with time
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
SSI may be available to you if you are not covered by SSDI, and could also be available even if you are covered by SSDI. Our social security disability lawyers in Gaffney can oversee claims for both types of disability benefits, as this could be one way to maximize the amount of benefits that you are ultimately able to collect.
Receiving a fair amount of disability benefits could have an impact on:
- The amount of treatment you receive
- The quality of treatment you receive
- Your ability to care for yourself and your dependents
- The number of hours and jobs you are required to work to obtain a livable income
- Your general quality of life
You may want all hands on deck when it comes time to pursue disability benefits through a claim or appeal, and hiring a social security disability attorney in Gaffney could be a substantial upgrade in your resources.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
Consult with us for free. Don’t wait to call our team to speak with a Gaffney social security disability attorney. Your pursuit of benefits could be time-sensitive in one or more ways.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about how we may be able to assist you or a disabled loved one. Just focus on getting better and leave the rest to us.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?888-612-7001