If you suffered an injury in a traffic accident, you may be eligible to collect money for your injuries from the party who caused the accident. You need time to recover physically and emotionally. Concentrate on the healing process while a car accident lawyer serving Gaffney, SC gathers evidence to prove the other party’s liability and works to get you the money that you deserve.
If you suffered an injury in a traffic accident, call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers now at (888) 612-7001 for a free evaluation of your case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Proving Liability for Your Injuries in a Car Accident Case
South Carolina is a comparative negligence state, meaning that you must prove that another individual was 50% or more at fault for your collision in order to recover money for your injuries.
Gaffney Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me888-612-7001
Proving a Party is at Fault for Your Car Accident
In order to build a successful personal injury case, an injured party needs to prove the negligence of the other individual who caused their automobile collision. There are four elements required to prove negligence:
- That the other party owed you a duty of care. In automobile collisions, a driver usually owes a duty of care to other motorists to drive safely and obey the rules of the road.
- That the other party breached that duty. For example, the other driver was driving too fast for conditions, was drunk, or was not paying attention.
- That the other party’s conduct caused the accident. For example, because the driver was texting, he or she did not see your car in time and that their inattention was the reason that the accident occurred.
- That, as a result of the above, you suffered some type of economic or financial harm. The harm you suffered is often referred to legally as your “damages,” which can include many things like your physical injuries, property damage, and other financial losses.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!888-612-7001
Examples of a Driver’s Conduct Causing an Accident
What type of conduct can cause an accident?
- Running a red light or stop sign.
- Texting or talking on his or her phone and not watching the road.
- Adjusting a radio or setting a GPS.
- Traveling too closely to your vehicle.
- Failing to give a turn signal.
- Pulling out suddenly in front of your car.
You can and should call a lawyer if you were involved in an accident – even if you think the accident was partly your fault. In South Carolina, you are eligible recover a percentage of your damages so long as you were not the primary cause of the collision. If you are found to be less than 50 percent at fault for the accident, you may be able to collect partial compensation for your injuries.
Did you suffer an injury in a car accident? A car accident lawyer serving Gaffney, SC can help you prove the cause of your accident and get you the money that you deserve for your injuries. Contact George Sink, P.A. Personal Injury Lawyers now at (888) 612-7001 for a free consultation.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Gathering Evidence to Prove the Other Driver’s Fault
How will our car accident lawyers prove the negligence or fault of the other party? We will:
- Investigate the scene of the accident. Skid marks on the pavement may indicate how quickly the other driver applied his or her brakes.
- Interview witnesses. A bystander may have seen the accident or a passenger in your vehicle may corroborate your version of the accident.
- Check for other responsible parties. An employer may be responsible for the actions of the driver or the owner of the vehicle who wasn’t the driver may also be liable.
- Recover visual evidence. There may be traffic or surveillance cameras that filmed the accident.
- Gather police reports. The report may contain references to witnesses or statements by the other driver. Our lawyers will read the police report carefully for any important facts.
- Hire experts. Our lawyers can, if necessary, hire accident reconstructionists or medical experts to help support your case.
If you have suffered an injury in a traffic collision, contact a car accident lawyer serving Gaffney, SC. You generally have three years to file a claim, but sometimes this time period can be even shorter. Our lawyers need to start investigating your case as soon as possible before important evidence is lost or your window to take appropriate legal action closes.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries in a Car Accident
In order to get a recovery in a car accident claim, an injured party must show that their injuries resulted from the accident and prove the nature and amount of any other damages or financial losses they suffered. A lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation of your accident and help to build you a strong case.
Typical Injuries in a Car Accident
Our attorneys represent clients who have suffered many different types of injuries in car accidents, such as:
- Head injuries. If your head hits an object during an accident, you can suffer a brain injury. Your symptoms – such as headaches, memory loss, and mood swings – may not be visible and may not surface until sometime after the accident.
- Back or spine injuries. Even if you wear a seatbelt, you can injure your back as a result of even minor impacts.
- Internal injuries. Your seatbelt may save your life, but it could also injure an internal organ such as your spleen.
- Broken bones. Your arms and legs are susceptible to injuries when you are violently shifted around in an accident.
- A rollover accident could result in a fire or explosion. You may also receive less serious scrapes or “burns” from your seatbelt or airbag.
Compensation You Can Recover in a Car Accident
You may be able to recover various types of compensation following the accident, including:
- Medical expenses, including the future cost of treatment and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
Your spouse may also be eligible to recover compensation for the loss of your affection and companionship. This is called a loss of consortium claim, however, it is only applicable in certain serious cases.
Proving Your Right to Compensation for Injuries in a Car Accident
The car accident lawyers at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can review your medical records, talk with your doctors, and consult with medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries and to prove that they were caused by your accident.
Settling a Claim or Lawsuit Resulting from a Car Accident
The other party’s insurance company may make you a settlement offer shortly after the accident, but you should not sign any settlement document before talking to a lawyer. We will let you know if the settlement compensates you reasonably for your injuries. Most cases settle before they go to trial, but if you do not get a reasonable settlement offer, our attorneys can take your case to court to help you get the money that you deserve.
Do not wait for the statute of limitations to expire. If you suffered an injury in a traffic accident, call (888) 612-7001 to speak with a car accident lawyer serving Gaffney, SC. The lawyers from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are standing by and provide free consultations.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?888-612-7001