Boating is a much-appreciated aspect of South Carolinian culture, but when the potential dangers of boating are not taken seriously, tragedy can arise. If you or a loved one suffered an injury because of a boating accident, the parties responsible for causing you harm may owe you compensation for your losses.
A Fort Mill boat accident attorney may be able to handle your insurance claim or lawsuit seeking compensation. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to find out how we may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf after a boat accident.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Boating Without Due Care Can Be Dangerous
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics notes that there were 21 deaths and 108 injuries recorded involving water vessels in 2018. It notes that there were 2,628 individual boating accidents recorded in that year.
These statistics underscore the risk of boating, especially when those responsible for passenger safety disregard their responsibility. The risks of a boating accident include injury and death, and you or your loved one may be entitled to compensation if you have suffered either fate.
Some possible root causes of a boating-related injury or death are:
- A boat driver being intoxicated
- A boat driver being under the influence of drugs
- A boat driver being unfamiliar with how the boat functions
- A boat driver being unfamiliar with tides, depths, and other relevant topographical conditions
- A boat driver lacking proper visual tools, such as glasses or contacts
Some of the more specific acts that could result in injury or death are:
- Speeding, especially while somebody is being towed behind the boat
- Making erratic changes in direction
- Failing to signal your directional intentions to other vessels
- Failing to ensure that all passengers are seated and secured before moving
- Failing to have the proper amount and sort of life vests on board the vessel
- Leaving a propeller running when your boat is near people in the water
- Striking somebody with the boat
- Failing to ensure that the boat is seaworthy before departing
- Ignoring or failing to abide by boater safety signals
Those who operate their boat without proper care can put others’ lives at risk and may be held responsible for any harm that they cause.
Fort Mill Boat Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
You May Collect Compensation as a Victim of Reckless Boating
You may be able to collect compensation for injuries suffered as the result of negligence by a boat driver or another party. If another party’s actions caused your injury or somebody failed to take proper care to protect you, a boat accident attorney in Fort Mill may help you pursue any compensation that you should be entitled to.
You may have a case for compensation if you were injured as:
- A passenger on a boat operated in a dangerous manner
- A swimmer harmed by a careless boat driver
- A boat occupant injured by another boat driver’s careless actions
Our boat accident lawyers in Fort Mill can dissect the facts of your boating accident and determine who is liable. They may also calculate the sum of your losses and help you pursue compensation for those losses. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to have a free consultation about how a Fort Mill boat accident lawyer can fight for you.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
A Boat Accident Can Leave You Reeling
Whether you are thrown from a boat, struck by a boat, injured by a boat propeller, or harmed in another manner, the injuries from a boat accident can be significant.
Boats may generally lack the protections that cars offer – airbags, seatbelts, and an enclosed frame being three features that may not have been present on the boat where you were injured. You may have been exposed to even greater danger if you were injured while being towed behind a boat or as a swimmer.
Some of the injuries that might result from a boat accident include:
- Loss of fingers, toes, or limbs from being struck by a boat propeller
- Bacterial infections requiring amputation, which the American Journal of Sports Medicine notes as a possible outcome of propeller-related injuries in unclean water
- Severe cuts
- Broken bones
- Deep bruises
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injury
The specific circumstances of your accident could dictate the type and severity of your injuries. Our Fort Mill boat accident attorneys can organize evidence about your injuries and handle your case for compensation from start to finish.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
The Potential Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
You may be able to hire a lawyer at no out-of-pocket cost after being injured in a boat accident.* You may have nothing to lose from hiring a lawyer, while they may provide numerous benefits in which you find great value.
Some of the duties that your lawyer may perform include:
- Organizing evidence of your boat accident
- Identifying the parties responsible for causing your injuries
- Identifying parties who may owe you compensation, even if they did not directly cause your injuries
- Ensuring that you receive adequate medical care and documentation of your treatment
- Calculating your total accident-related losses
- Negotiating a settlement with attorneys for defendants in your case
- Completing a trial phase if necessary
Your lawyer will defend your rights and be your guide throughout the legal process. If they successfully negotiate a settlement or secure a judgment in your favor, then you may collect financial coverage for:
- Your medical costs
- Your pain and suffering
- Lost wages or salary
- Permanent disability
- The cost of prosthetics
- Psychological therapy
- Any costs related to your boat accident
Your accident may have been an extremely traumatic experience, and a lawyer can fight for you while you worry about getting better.
Connect With George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Today
A boat accident lawyer in Fort Mill may be able to handle your personal injury claim after an accident on the water. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. Do not wait to call, as you may only have a limited time to initiate your lawsuit.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001