The leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States is slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents happen in a variety of settings, including public as well as private property. In the state of South Carolina, property owners are obligated to take proper care of their grounds. Property owners that fail to live up to that obligation violate the Premises Liability Law of South Carolina.
The law states that property owners that acted negligently are liable for the slip and fall accident. Personal liability is demonstrated in numerous ways and can include something as simple as failing to post an adequate warning about a wet surface or not repairing a broken step leading to a residence or business.
If you were injured on someone else’s property – public, residential, or commercial – you have the right to fair compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and attorney fees inflicted due to the slip and fall. A slip and fall lawyer in Clinton, SC, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries in Clinton, SC
An estimated 20-30% of people who experience a slip and fall will suffer moderate to severe injuries such as bruises, fractures or head injuries. Slip and fall accidents are the most common contributor to traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
Fractures, another serious consequence of slip and fall accidents, include injuries to the spine, hip, leg, ankle, forearm, upper arm and hand. Several fractures are life altering and induce chronic pain and suffering, not to mention costly medical bills.
Unfortunately, for a majority of the one million plus Americans that suffer a slip and fall injury each year they fail to report the accident and fight for legal action. Do not delay; you are entitled to fair compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and legal fees as a result of property owner negligence.
Clinton Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
Even though slip and fall accidents are common, it does not mean most of these incidents are unavoidable. In many cases, the property owner only needed to take a few precautions and blatantly disregarded maintenance that would have prevented the accident in the first place.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), slip and falls represent the primary cause of missing days from work. Additionally, slip and falls in a private resident or commercial setting account for half of all accidental deaths, and most of those injuries are sustained at ground level and not from an elevated level.
Slip and fall incidents often lead to serious injury and chronic pain, even accidental death. However, property owners continue to act negligently with how they handle basic maintenance. For example, more than two million fall injuries each year are a result of floors that were slick, uneven, damaged or completely missing and led to a slip and fall. Almost all those incidents are avoidable.
Common slip and fall locations:
- Poorly lit areas that do not adequately illuminate hazards.
- Slippery floors that are caused by spills and failure to clean-up, moisture tracked in from outside, or naturally slick surfaces such as stone or glass.
- Staircases and ramps with loose or broken handrails or missing or broken steps.
- Cluttered hallways that block easy access or fall hazards or trip hazards.
- Uneven surfaces like a cracked sidewalk, potholes in the street, torn or bunched carpet, loose tiles, or damaged floorboards.
The Clinton, SC, slip and fall attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers have handled over 40,000 personal injury cases. We have helped many receive fair compensation for unexpected injuries due to negligence and liability.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
How to Report a Slip and Fall Accident in Clinton, SC
Slip and fall lawyers agree that time is the most critical component in proving negligence. A victim of a slip and fall accident in South Carolina usually has three years to file a lawsuit based on the statute of limitations. You must file a slip and fall claim to begin the process. Our legal team will ensure the timely filing of your claim.
Ways to Take Action
- Document the details of the accident. If possible, take photos, record video and report every detail about the slip and fall. These discoveries will help make a strong case and prove negligence and liability on the part of the property owner.
- Get an official police report. If the authorities responded to the incident, they documented everything about the event, including witness reports. The police report is beneficial as it explains the circumstances of the incident. If you do not know how to get an official report, ask our legal team.
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer serving Clinton. Our firm offers a free, confidential case evaluation, and we will travel to you if the injuries have left you incapacitated.
Are you concerned with how you will afford a legal team to represent your case? Victims are typically not charged attorney fees until you receive compensation.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Factors That Determine a Slip and Fall Settlement
Our legal team will explain your rights, help you understand the definition of premises liability, and investigate the details of your case. We will study every aspect to find out if the property owner took all the required precautions to avoid a premises liability claim.
Some of the questions our firm seeks to answer with a thorough investigation of your case include:
- Is the injured victim or property owner liable for the accident?
- Did the property owner act negligent or otherwise contribute to the accident?
Get Help From a Slip and Fall Lawyer Serving Clinton, SC
In a split second your life is forever altered by a slip and fall accident. The incident can lead to chronic pain and suffering, costly medical treatment, lost wages or job, and other expenses. You may be eligible to recover compensation.
A personal injury lawyer wants justice for you. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has represented personal injury victims for over 40 years in South Carolina. To speak to a slip and fall lawyer serving Clinton, SC, in a free case review, please call us or fill out our online form today.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001