A Charleston, SC man has died from a flesh-eating bacteria.
The victim had complained of not feeling well and had a swollen arm before he was admitted to Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). According to officials, the bacteria started in his right arm and right leg, resulting in amputation of the arm. Doctors had contemplated amputating his leg as well.
Within hours of being admitted, the patient died.
Unfortunately, in South Carolina there have been other documented cases of the flesh-eating virus. Some of the cases include the following:
- An adult male admitted mid-June to Roper St. Francis. His status is unknown.
- A Greenville mother contracted the disease after giving birth to twins early May. She underwent 20 surgeries, but avoided amputation.
- Earlier this year, a man was admitted to MUSC with the bacteria in his collarbone and left shoulder. Doctors saved him.
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury such as this, contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers . Our South Carolina personal injury attorneys comprehend the law in South Carolina. We are experienced in handling personal injuries and strive to get maximum compensation for our clients. Whether it involves a car accident, workers' comp , social security disability , or even wrongful death claims, we sympathize with our clients and will treat you with the dignity, respect, and attention you deserve.