Stores across the country are recalling broccoli products because they could be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria, according to news reports .
The recalled broccoli products were sold under the Signature Café, TFarms and Raley's labels, often at Safeway stores. The foodborne bacteria were found when Washington Department of Agriculture inspectors detected the Listeria monocytogenes bacteria in Taylor Farms broccoli.
The products affected by the recall include:
* TFarms, Snack Pot Penne Alfredo
* Signature Café, Veggie Pleaser
* Raleys Cheese Stuffed Shells W/ Rustica Tomatoes Sauce
* Raleys Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Pashed Potatoes and Gravy
* Raleys Broccoli Rice & Cheese
* Raleys Udon Pork Noodle Bowl
* Raleys Udon Chicken Noodle Bowl
* Raleys Family Grilled Chicken Penne Alfredo
* Raleys Asian Pasta Toss
* Raleys Yellow Curry Chicken Rice Bowl
* Raleys Veggie Blend
* TFarms Snack Pot Pasta Primevera
* Raleys Vegetable
* Raleys Vegetable & Dip Pre-Made Impulse
* Signature Café Mediterranean Snacker Tray
* Raleys Vegetable Catering Kit.
So far, there have not been any reports of foodborne illnesses in connection to the recalled products.
As a Columbia personal injury lawyer , I urge consumers to throw away these recalled products or return it to the store of purchase for a full refund. Listeria is a potentially fatal foodborne disease that is linked to miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. It can also cause high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
If you have been seriously injured in a food poisoning case, contact a personal injury lawyer in Columbia .