The 4th of July is a fun summer holiday, but it also poses hidden dangers. Fireworks can be extremely dangerous when not used correctly.
There are important steps to take to help prevent injury during firework season. As a Walterboro car accident attorney , I agree with these safety tips. Here are some tips to help protect and preserve eyesight during the Fourth of July holiday, according to news reports.
• Discuss firework safety with children and teens prior to the Fourth of July holiday.
• Do not allow kids to handle fireworks and never leave them unsupervised near fireworks.
• Wear protective eyewear when lighting and handling fireworks of any kind.
• Store fireworks, matches and lighters in a secure place where children won't find them.
• Refrain from purchasing sparklers. Heating up to 1,800 degrees, sparklers are the number one cause of fireworks injuries requiring trips to the emergency room
• Be aware of your surroundings and only light fireworks when family, friends and children are at a safe distance.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a fireworks as a result of another person's negligence or a faulty product, you could be eligible for compensation. Contact a personal injury lawyer in Walterboro to help determine your case.