If your Uber or Lyft driver was being unsafe and caused an accident, they could be held liable for your injuries and damages. You could be compensated through a personal injury claim or lawsuit for things like lost income, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to see how a Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident attorney can help you make a car accident claim against those responsible for your injuries.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
How an Attorney Can Help
When looking into the possibility of hiring a lawyer, you want to know you are getting the help that will allow you to focus on your health and recovery. To feel free to do that, you need to know that your lawyer has made your case a priority.
To know if an attorney is right for you, first you must know how they can help.
- Your lawyer’s team can start by discussing your accident with you to figure out who was probably at fault for it. Whether it was an Uber driver, Lyft driver, one of these ridesharing companies, or another driver, your lawyer can help you identify those responsible.
- We can then help you gather evidence to prove fault. For instance, we can collect statements from witnesses who saw the rideshare accident take place. We can gather police or crash reports. Photo and video evidence can also be obtained and used to prove your case.
- Your lawyer can put evidence together with claim paperwork. We can calculate your claim’s value, taking into consideration the insurance coverage available in the case. We will determine whether you might be able to recover a settlement from the insurance companies that represent Uber and Lyft.
- Your claim can be sent to the insurer to demand they pay you fair compensation.
- Finally, a settlement could be reached between your Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer and the involved insurance companies. The only time court is necessary is when an insurer is not agreeing to pay you what you are owed for your accident.
Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-779-1777
Liability for an Uber or Lyft Accident in Myrtle Beach
When you partner with an Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer in Myrtle Beach, they can help you go after all available sources of compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, several parties may be liable.
For example, the Uber driver could have caused the accident, but Uber itself could be liable. Another driver involved in the accident could also share some responsibility for the accident.
South Carolina Code § 15-38-10 allows you to pursue other parties for their percentage of fault for an accident, even if you were partially to blame yourself.
How the Driver’s Status Can Affect the Compensation You Recover
Liability in ridesharing accidents can be complex because the driver’s “status” at the time of the accident can affect the compensation to which you are entitled.
If the driver had the Uber or Lyft app turned off when they caused the accident, their insurance company would cover your injuries and losses.
If the driver had the app on and was waiting to match with a rider, their insurance typically covers any injuries they cause. However, both Uber and Lyft offer contingent coverage that will apply if the driver’s personal coverage refuses to cover the accident.
If the driver had matched with a rider or had one in their car at the time of the accident they caused, Uber and Lyft both offer $1 million policies to cover any injuries and losses that result.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you determine where to turn for help.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-779-1777
Reasons to File a Ridesharing Accident Claim in Myrtle Beach
There are a few prominent reasons for filing a claim with our Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident attorneys after your wreck:
- One, to get justice for what happened to you. This helps you move beyond such an unpleasant experience and put it behind you.
- Two, you are likely looking for monetary compensation to pay for losses your accident caused you. For instance, funds from a car accident settlement could pay medical bills associated with your accident-related injuries.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Types of Recoverable Compensation for a Myrtle Beach Uber or Lyft Accident
Your Myrtle Beach ridesharing accident will determine the compensation to which you are entitled. Your personal injury claim could account for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost ability to work
- Permanent injury
- Lost life enjoyment
- Property damage
You Do Not Necessarily Need to Go to Court to Recover Compensation
Many people are worried about filing a claim because they think they have to go to court. The good news is that many car accident cases do not require litigation. You can receive compensation through a claim rather than a lawsuit.
For example, if an Uber driver hurts you, you have a claim against the driver or the company. In many cases, your lawyer will enter into negotiations with the appropriate insurance company. If the insurer agrees to settle the case, you will not need to go to trial.
If the insurer refuses to offer you a fair settlement, we are not afraid to take your case to trial.
Reach Out to the Office of a Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
Being involved in an accident is frightening, and you may be unsure of where to turn for help. You can turn to a lawyer for help filing a claim for a ridesharing accident. Uber drivers and Lyft drivers are not immune from claims or lawsuits. In some situations, even the ridesharing companies could be liable for damages.
You do not have to deal with the car accident claim process alone.
A Myrtle Beach Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer at our law firm wants to help you get justice. Reach out to the team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers by calling us or filling out our online contact form today.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-779-1777