For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Myrtle Beach, call 843-779-1777
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers provides experienced representation to injured victims and families throughout Myrtle Beach and the surrounding communities of South Carolina. For over 40 years, the firm’s legal team has served as tireless advocates for local injured residents and has recovered the compensation they deserved through numerous successful settlements & verdicts.
If you have been injured on the job or as the result of another’s negligence – or if you are looking for assistance with Social Security disability – you can be confident about placing your trust in our proven legal team.
Our firm provides assistance in the following legal areas:
- Personal Injury – Our Myrtle Beach personal injury attorneys fight aggressively on behalf of victims and families who have suffered damages as the result of another’s negligence, carelessness, or wrongful act. Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyers handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including those involving auto accidents, defective products, and wrongful death, among others.
- Workers’ Compensation – Employees who suffer injuries during the course of performing a job-related duty may be entitled to medical benefits and wage replacement through workers’ compensation insurance. Our Myrtle Beach personal injury attorneys is prepared to help workers from all industries recover the compensation they need and deserve.
- Social Security Disability – Social Security disability benefits are essential for individuals who are unable to work and earn wages. Unfortunately, the process of applying for SSD benefits and appealing a denial can be challenging. Our Myrtle Beach Social Security disability lawyers make it a point to walk clients step-by-step through the SSD process and to handle all complexities on their behalf.
Have questions about your case? Request a FREE case review today!
At George Sink, P.A., we are prepared to provide immediate assistance to local residents who reach out to us for help. Free case reviews are offered to all prospective clients and can be arranged at your home, hospital, over the phone, or at our office. Call today to learn more about your rights and how our George Sink law firm can help.
400 N Kings Hwy, Suite A
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Myrtle Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me843-779-1777
About Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
The 2010 U.S. Census estimated that Myrtle Beach, South Carolina would have a population of 33,908 people in 2018. A city in Horry County, Myrtle Beach is a major tourist destination that attracts visitors who come to the area for fresh seafood, challenging golf, and wide-spanning beaches.
2010 Injury Death Statistics in Horry County, South Carolina
The Office of Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (PHISIS) of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) reports that 186 Horry County residents died due to injuries in 2010.
Of these injury deaths, the PHISIS report noted that the top causes across all age groups were:
- Motor vehicle crashes: 40 deaths
- Falls: 10 deaths
Motor vehicle crashes consist of traffic collisions involving all types motor vehicles except motorcycles. Injured parties cited in these statistics refer to motor vehicle occupants or another individuals involved in the collision.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
2010 Non-Fatal Injuries in Horry County, South Carolina
PHISIS reported on additional statistics regarding non-fatal injuries in South Carolina during 2010. 30,166 residents of Horry County sustained unintentional, non-fatal injuries throughout the year.
Falls were the number-one cause of non-fatal injuries with 8,622 injuries recorded. Another 4,839 non-fatal injuries occurred due to natural or environmental causes.
Motor vehicle crashes caused 3,367 injuries in 2010.
Other non-fatal injuries occurred due to accidents one might expect to experience in the workplace. For example, PHISIS reported 2,414 non-fatal injuries caused by overexertion, as well as 1,703 injuries caused by piercing/cutting incidents.
Horry County also reported 1,335 non-fatal injuries caused by assault while another 1,101 injuries resulted from sports and recreation.
Car Accidents in Horry County Are Among the State’s Highest
The South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book 2017, which is published by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS), breaks down all the facts surrounding the State’s annual motor-vehicle crashes.
According to the report, Horry County had the third highest number of fatal traffic collisions in 2017 among all South Carolina counties. DPS further provides the following motor vehicle collision facts for 2017:
- Fatal collisions: 61
- Injury collisions: 3,178
- Property damage only collisions: 7,748
- Persons killed: 64
- Persons injured: 4,794
According to the report, 307,436 vehicles are registered in Horry County, South Carolina. The number reflects an increase of nearly 13,000 vehicles registered in the County from the previous year.
Alcohol Impairment-Related Injuries in Horry County
DPS reports a steady decrease in the estimated number of Horry County fatalities that involved an alcohol-impaired driver with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher.
The report’s data begins with 2013 and continues through 2017 with the following recorded results:
- 2013 – 23
- 2014 – 27
- 2015 – 23
- 2016 – 19
- 2017 – 18
Interestingly, non-fatal collisions involving driving while under the influence (DUI) using either alcohol and/or drugs have seen sporadic increases and decreases since 2013. The recorded figures through 2017 are as follows:
- 2013 – 476
- 2014 – 482
- 2015 – 457
- 2016 – 579
- 2017 – 544