If you or a family member suffered injuries in a truck crash you believe occurred because of a trucker’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
A truck accident lawyer in Moncks Corner, SC, from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can help you understand your legal options during a free case review. Let us review your case, and we may be able to build a case to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 843-407-0300 for your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Moncks Corner2, call 843-407-0300
Recoverable Damages in a Moncks Corner Truck Accident
Truck accident victims often call us and ask how much their case is worth. Unfortunately, there are too many unknowns to give an accurate estimate early in the claim process. When determining the worth of your claim, we need to conduct a full investigation to prove liability, as well as to confirm the full range of damages you suffered.
We can, however, help you understand the types of damages we can often help our clients recover in these types of case. This does not guarantee the same result in your case but it can give you a good idea of what might happen if we reach a settlement or win a verdict in your case.
Some of the most common damages available in a winning truck accident case may include:
Medical Treatment and Related Expenses
- Doctor bills
- Ambulance transportation from the scene
- Emergency department evaluation
- Hospitalization and inpatient treatment
- Prescription pain management and other medications
- Physical therapy
- Ongoing care costs
- Necessary medical equipment
- Accessibility and mobility equipment
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Replacement of damaged personal property including your eyeglasses, cell phone, and other objects damaged in the crash
Other Related Expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident, your injuries, or your treatment
- Rental car costs
- Pain and suffering damages
- Mental anguish
- Other emotional damages
Moncks Corner2 Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me 843-407-0300
Let Us Identify the Liable Party and Hold Them Accountable
There are key differences between truck accidents and car accidents. Even when the truck driver falls asleep behind the wheel or acts in another reckless way, identifying who is legally liable for your South Carolina truck accident injuries is not always as clear-cut as it may seem.
Because of a legal doctrine known as vicarious liability, there are often other liable parties besides the driver. Most commonly, the trucking company is financially responsible.
When we review your case, we can get a good idea of who we may hold accountable. Through our investigation of your accident, we can confirm the liable party or parties. Often, these are large corporations who have corporate liability insurance policies.
While this means we may need to face off with their team of attorneys, it also means we are filing a claim based on a much larger policy than any individual driver would likely carry.
Our Investigation Will Build a Solid Case on Your Behalf
We cannot successfully negotiate a settlement agreement or argue for a verdict until we have a strong case to prove negligence, liability, and the full extent of your truck accident injuries, expenses, and other losses.
We will need to look into exactly what happened to cause your accident, and the role everyone played in it. We identify and analyze available evidence, which may include:
- Attempting to locate and obtain any video of the crash or other photographic evidence
- Reviewing witness statements and conducting additional interviews
- Working with an accident reconstruction team
We will also need to ensure the trucking company retains and protects the wealth of potential evidence in their custody. This requires us to act as quickly as possible after an accident. If we act correctly we may be able to preserve:
- The trucker’s rest logs
- Data from the truck’s onboard computer
- Any available dash cam video of the accident
- Post-accident drug and alcohol test results from mandatory testing
- Documentation of the damage to the truck and trailer
- The trucker’s employment records
- Truck maintenance records
- Other potential evidence based on the facts of your case
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Can Help You Fight for the Compensation You Need
After we have all the evidence we need to build a solid case to support settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit, it is time to take action. Our team will handle every step of the process and pursue compensation on your behalf. This requires us to either:
- Successfully negotiate a settlement agreement with the trucking company’s insurer.
- File a civil lawsuit and present our argument for compensation in court.
In most cases, we begin by filing an insurance claim. We outline the case we built, including our case against the driver and trucking company and the evidence we collected to prove your damages. This commonly triggers aggressive settlement negotiations, and we can sometimes reach a fair settlement at this point.
In some cases, we may need to litigate your case. This may occur when:
- The insurance company denies the claim.
- The insurance company refuses a fair settlement agreement.
- There are other unique details of your case that make it a better option.
Under South Carolina law, we usually have three years from the date your injuries occurred to file a lawsuit. Because of the importance of protecting evidence and the thoroughness we require in our investigation, we urge you to discuss your case with a member of our truck accident team as soon as possible after your accident. We can meet you in the hospital, at your home, or elsewhere that is convenient for you.
Talk to a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Moncks Corner, SC
Let the team from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers review your Moncks Corner truck accident case and help you understand your rights.
A truck accident lawyer serving Moncks Corner, SC, from our firm may be able to help you build a strong case and recover the money you need and deserve, offering support and legal advice every step of the way.
Call us today at 843-407-0300 to discuss your case for free with a member of our team.