Nursing home abuse can make you lose your trust in the system. It can feel impossible to choose a new residence you trust for your loved one. If you or a loved one suffered nursing home abuse or neglect, you may be eligible for compensation.
The team of nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys in Greenwood, SC, at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is here to help you during this difficult time. We will help you protect your loved one’s legal rights as long-term care facility residents
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Important Steps Following the Suspicion of Nursing Home Abuse
If you notice signs that could point to abuse or neglect when visiting your loved one at their Greenwood, SC, nursing home, take the following steps:
- Consider the severity of the situation: If your loved one is in danger, call 911 right away. If there is no immediate emergency, report the incident to the South Carolina Department of Social Services or the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
- Follow up on the report: Filing a report with the state of South Carolina will open an investigation into the nursing home. In the meantime, monitor your loved one for any additional signs of abuse or neglect.
- Discuss your case with a nursing home abuse lawyer: If your loved one was the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect in Greenwood, SC, they may be eligible for compensation. Schedule a free case review with our team. This no-obligation meeting means you pay nothing unless we also collect compensation on your behalf.
Recognizing the Signs of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
It is not always easy to recognize the signs of nursing home abuse or neglect. Unfortunately, most cases occur when the family is not there. Senior residents may not be able to report their neglect or abuse, either because they are unaware it is taking place or because they are embarrassed, ashamed, or afraid of the retribution they could potentially suffer as a result.
For this reason, it is important to understand and recognize the signs of nursing home abuse and neglect.
- Physical abuse: Look for new or unexplained cuts, bruises, and other injuries.
- Financial abuse: This could include missing objects, stolen assets, identity theft, or irregular balance transfers.
- Medical neglect: This is experienced when residents are denied access to their medicine or given incorrect dosages.
- Denial of basic needs: Your loved one should have access to water, food, and all necessary medical care. Poor nutrition, weight loss, and dehydration could indicate neglect of their basic needs.
- Unsanitary conditions: If you notice that your loved one is not receiving regular showers, fresh laundry, or clean bedding, it could indicate neglect.
- Verbal abuse: If your loved one is experiencing anxiety, depression, or unexpected mood changes, they may be suffering from verbal abuse.
If you suspect that a loved one is suffering from any type of abuse or neglect, be sure to report it right away. And seek help from a nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer in Greenwood, SC, at our firm.
Greenwood Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer Near Me864-334-7200
Recoverable Damages in a Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Case
Nursing home abuse or neglect can leave you and your family in a tough financial situation. You may need to relocate your loved one on short notice, which could place a heavy burden on you and your family.
While every case is unique, our team will fight to recover damages that could include:
- Medical costs
- Counseling services
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Temporary housing
- Pain and suffering
If nursing home abuse or neglect contributed to the wrongful death of your loved one, we can help you navigate those challenging legal waters, as well.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!864-334-7200
Let Us Help You Seek Justice for Your Loved One’s Abuse & Neglect
No family should have to suffer through abuse or neglect at the hands of a trusted nursing home. Our legal team has served many families in the Greenwood, SC, area, and knows how to collect the compensation you deserve.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers or fill out our online form today to get help from a nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer serving Greenwood, SC. We provide free case reviews to discuss the merits of your case.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-334-7200