Were you injured in an accident caused by fog? If so, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers wants to help. Our team can determine your options for financial recovery and fight to protect your legal rights. A Greenville accident caused by a fog lawyer can handle the legal aspects of your case while you recover from your injuries.
Additionally, we work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you do not owe us our attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you. Call our Greenville office for a free case assessment.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Liability in an Accident Caused By Fog
If you were injured in an accident caused by fog, liability for your damages will rest on several factors present in your case. For instance, you might have been struck by a motorist who did not adjust their driving speed to accommodate poor weather conditions. If the other driver did not uphold their duty of care to promote the safety of others, they could be held financially responsible for damages.
However, let’s say that you were traveling on a poorly lit road that prevented you from driving safely. Perhaps the fog obscured a potential hazard or road sign. In this situation, you may have a case against a government department or municipality. You could argue that because they did not maintain the safety of the roadway, they should be held accountable for your collision-related damages.
There may be other parties that you could hold responsible for your losses. If so, your lawyer can share those details with you.
Greenville Fog Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-407-4000
Will You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Many personal injury cases are settled without needing to file a lawsuit. However, if you decide to go to court, you will need to understand what your damages are worth. Depending on the specifics of your accident, you can seek both economic and non-economic damages as they apply to your case.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!864-407-4000
Examples of Compensable Collision-Related Damages
To be awarded economic damages, you must show that you suffered financial losses as a result of the accident.
Examples of such losses include but are not limited to:
- Car repair and rental. If your car was damaged or totaled in the accident, you may be able to pursue compensation to cover these expenses.
- Medical bills. If you needed to see a doctor, go to the hospital, or get any other treatments because of injuries suffered during the accident, these costs can be factored into the value of your case.
- Lost income. If the accident caused you to miss work or affected your earning capacity, your lawyer can use information from your employer to calculate this expense.
- Childcare costs. If your injuries prevented you from caring for minor children, you may be able to recover any costs related to their supervision.
Non-financial types of losses fall into the category of non-economic damages.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering. You may be able to recover compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering of the collision.
- Disfigurement. If you were permanently scarred because of the accident, you can recover monetary damages for the challenge of living with an impairment.
- Disability. If your injuries left you with a long-term impairment, you can recover compensation for the obstacle of living with a disability. This does not refer to the program offered through the Social Security Administration.
You may be able to recover other types of losses that are not on this list.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
South Carolina’s Comparative Negligence Laws
One of the factors that will impact how much compensation you can receive is South Carolina’s comparative negligence laws, detailed under S.C. Code § 15-38-15.
Put simply, if you are determined to be at fault in any capacity for the accident, your percentage of fault will be deducted from the amount of compensation you can receive. If you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the collision, you will likely be unable to pursue damages.
Everyone’s case is different. While the above is a broad summary of how personal injury cases work, your case may feature unique elements that we have not discussed here.
How We Can Help With Your Case
A Greenville accident caused by fog lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers can be an important asset in your fight for compensation.
Here are some of the legal responsibilities we can undertake on your behalf:
- Investigate your case. We can investigate the accident to figure out who is responsible and what compensation you may be entitled to.
- Collect evidence. We can investigate the circumstances of your collision to gain an understanding of what happened. This can include reviewing the police report, traffic surveillance footage, and interviewing witnesses.
- Determine a course of action. Once we have an understanding of the details surrounding your case, we can advise you on how to proceed.
- Calculating the cost of your damages. You may have damages stemming from the collision but may be unsure of what they are worth. We can review your receipts, billing statements, pay stubs, and invoices to determine the cost of your economic and non-economic damages.
- Manage communications with those involved. When you work with us, you will not have to speak with any of the other parties involved in your case, including the insurance company. We will handle all communications with them, while also negotiating for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Pursuing compensation in a personal injury case can be difficult, especially if you are unfamiliar with the rules and civil procedures involved. A Greenville accident caused by fog lawyer can make the process easier by keeping you updated regularly and fighting for every penny you deserve. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today. We will evaluate your case at no charge.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-407-4000