If you have a crash while driving or riding in a rental car, you might want to consider working with a lawyer who can sort out the liability and collision insurance coverage issues. The law will determine fault and responsibility the same as with any other motor vehicle accident, but the multiple parties and insurers can make things complicated.
The rental car agency might try to blame you for the collision or stick you with a large part of the damages if you were the driver of a rental car that got into an accident. A Greenville rental car accident attorney may be able to safeguard your legal rights and go after compensation from the negligent party. The initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
The Elements of Liability for a Rental Car Accident in Greenville
The factors of liability for a Greenville, South Carolina rental car accident are the same as for any other collision.
- Duty of care: The at-fault driver must have owed you a duty of care. This element is usually straightforward because everyone who operates a motor vehicle on public streets has a responsibility to drive with caution.
- Breach of duty: When someone’s behavior does not measure up to a legal standard, it can be negligence. If someone drove through the streets of Greenville after consuming quite a few alcoholic beverages and their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) exceeded the legal limit, this is negligence.
- Causation: The careless act must be the thing that caused the accident that harmed you. If the at-fault driver failed to stop at a four-way stop intersection because of their intoxication and broad-sided your car as a result, the negligent conduct of driving while under the influence of alcohol caused the crash.
- Quantifiable losses: You must have measurable damages from the accident to pursue reclaim for money damages. Physical injuries satisfy this requirement.
We have to prove all four elements to hold the defendant accountable for your losses.
Greenville Rental Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me864-407-4000
Damages in Rental Car Accident Injury Claims
We cannot provide a dollar amount to represent the compensation you may be able to collect in your rental car accident case until we talk with you and investigate your situation. Everyone has unique injuries and heals differently. Here are some examples of compensation we have won for our rental car accident clients:
- Lost income if you missed paychecks while you were out of work, recuperating from your injuries
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries prevent you from making as much money as you did before the accident
- Disability if you can no longer work because of your injuries
- Medical bills for the reasonable cost of the treatment you needed
- Specialized treatment facility costs if you had catastrophic injuries like spinal cord damage or a traumatic brain injury
- Long-term care if your injuries leave you in need of daily assistance with medical treatment and personal care
- Intangible damages like pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and disfigurement
You might have additional losses that we can include in your claim or personal injury lawsuit. A rental car accident lawyer in Greenville can calculate your monetary damages.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!864-407-4000
Watch Out for These Pitfalls that Could Devalue Your Injury Claim
Things that happen after the rental car accident could reduce the amount of compensation you can collect or even destroy your claim for damages. Working with a personal injury lawyer in Greenville may help you avoid these pitfalls:
- The adjuster tells you that you caused the accident: It sounds shocking, we know, but some insurance claim adjusters who are less than ethical will blame the victim to try to cheat their way out of paying valid injury claims. Some claimants get duped by these tactics and withdraw their claim against the at-fault driver.
- Lowball offers: Unless you work in the personal injury field, you have very little opportunity to learn the monetary value of your claim on your own. When someone with a car accident injury claim does not work with a Greenville rental car accident lawyer, the adjuster is likely to throw out a lowball offer, trying to settle the case for pennies on the dollar.
- Quitting medical treatment before completing the entire course of therapy: If you do not complete all of your prescribed medical treatments, the defendant can allege that you should get less money for your injuries. The basis of this argument may be that you would have healed better if you had finished the therapy, or that your injuries may not have been as serious as initially described.
- Settling the case while still in treatment for your injuries: When you settle your claim, you have to sign papers that take away your right to get more money for your injuries from this accident. If you find out later that you need additional treatment, you will likely have to pay for that out of your pocket, and if you have long-term impairment from your injuries you cannot go back and ask for more money.
- Adjusters bad-mouthing lawyers: The last thing an insurance claims adjuster wants is to have you work with a lawyer who will protect your legal rights. Some adjusters say bad things about rental car accident attorneys in Greenville to discourage you from hiring one.
These are but a few examples of things that could hurt your rental car accident claim.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Getting Legal Help with Your Rental Car Accident Injury Claim
All that it takes is a phone call to get started with a Greenville rental car accident lawyer. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our mission is to help people rebuild their lives after getting hurt because of someone else’s carelessness.
We do not charge upfront legal fees on these cases. We get paid out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of the matter. Please call us today or fill out our online contact form so that we can help you.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?864-407-4000