Social Security funds disability benefits for eligible candidates. You or a loved one may be able to collect Social Security disability (SSD) payments. You must be injured and limited in your work status.
A Social Security Disability lawyer in Florence could oversee your disability claim and any appeals necessary following the response to your initial claim. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to find out more regarding how we could help you or an injured loved one. Learn how to seek the financial relief you need.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Determining Your Eligibility for Social Security Disability
The Social Security Administration (SSA) lays out the general criteria for qualifying for Social Security disability benefits. Some of the general criteria for eligibility are:
- You worked in a line of work that is generally covered by Social Security disability
- You worked long enough in that job to be eligible for Social Security disability
- Your disability has prevented you from working for at least one year
The SSA elaborates on what it means to be “disabled” within the context of receiving SSD benefits. You may qualify as disabled if:
- You are unable to complete the job that you held at the time of your injury
- The injury has lasted or is expected to last at least one year, or is expected to eventually be fatal
- You are not able to transition to a new line of work because of your injury
A lawyer may be able to help you determine whether you are or could be eligible for Social Security disability benefits. Perhaps as importantly, a Social Security Disability attorney in Florence can tell you if characteristics of your injury or your time in the workforce automatically prevent you from collecting certain forms of Social Security disability. There may be other possible routes for you to obtain financial relief.
Speaking with a legal professional could help you avoid spending valuable time and effort with a Social Security disability claim that is likely to be denied. If you do have grounds for a claim, our team can handle your disability claim so that you can focus on getting better.
Florence Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me843-474-2700
Understanding Forms of Disability Insurance
The SSA notes that there are two primary forms of Social Security-funded disability benefits, and they are:
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
SSDI may be available to those who have put in substantial time in the workforce in sectors generally covered by SSDI benefits. Those who are either too young or inexperienced to have paid a substantial amount of Social Security taxes, those who have worked in a job or industry not generally covered by SSDI, or those who are not eligible for SSDI for another reason could still collect SSI.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
SSI is issued based on financial need, so you may be able to collect such benefits regardless of your eligibility for SSDI. Your lawyer can advise you on which form of compensation may be the most suitable for you. In some cases, you may collect both types of Social Security disability benefits.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for details about how our Social Security Disability lawyers in Florence may be able to help you seek compensation for your disability.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-474-2700
Conditions That May Be Covered
There are many injuries or ailments that could prevent you from working. If you suffer from a condition that prevents you from working partially or completely, then you may be able to obtain compensation through Social Security disability. Some ailments that may interfere with your ability to work for a year or more include:
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which Mayo Clinic notes may cause symptoms that could interfere with any job requiring concentration and memory
- Chronic mental health conditions
- Broken bones
- Injury-affected internal organs
- Autoimmune diseases
Some many conditions and injuries may materially affect your ability to hold a job and earn a living. If you find that some health-related problem is interfering with your ability to work, then you may be eligible for compensation. A lawyer may be able to help you complete a claim or an appeal in pursuit of disability benefits.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
How a Lawyer May Be Able to Help You Seek SSDI or SSI Benefits
A lawyer may be able to assist you whether you plan to pursue SSDI, SSI, or some other type of disability benefits. Some of the ways in which a lawyer may assist with your claim or appeal include:
- Obtaining documentation of your injuries from your doctors
- Obtaining evidence of the circumstances under which your injury happened
- Obtaining records of your work history, which could affect your eligibility for compensation
- Filing your claim
- Corresponding with officials from the Social Security Administration and other authorities necessary to complete your claim
- Representing you during any hearings or meetings required to complete your claim
- Interpreting the response to your initial claim
- Completing an appeal if it proves necessary
The Legal Information Institute (LII) notes that “the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months” should be the basis for you receiving disability benefits—it might not be that simple, however.
A lawyer may be able to help you fight for any disability benefits that you deserve regardless of what route your claim for compensation takes.
Call a Florence Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
The nature of being disabled could limit your ability to seek benefits on your own, and a Florence Social Security Disability attorney may be able to assist you in numerous ways as you seek compensation. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for details of how we may be able to help with your disability benefit claim or appeal.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-474-2700