When someone else’s negligence leads to an accident and you suffer the consequences, you may have the right to hold them accountable for your losses via an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
A personal injury lawyer serving Florence with our firm can review your case, prove liability, and pursue financial recovery on your behalf. In the 40 years we have been serving South Carolina injury victims, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has secured millions for our former clients. Now, we are ready to address your needs.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Florence, call 843-474-2700
The Cost of Hiring Our Personal Injury Firm
Paying doctors’ bills, calling out of work, and other expenses that come after an accident can take a toll on your bank account. We understand the difficulties of your situation, so allow us to represent you on a contingency fee-basis.*
This payment structure entails:
- A free case review when you call
- No hourly or upfront costs
- Your lawyer’s fee taken out of your settlement or court award
You owe no attorney’s fees if your lawyer doesn’t win compensation for you.
Florence Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me843-474-2700
Our Lawyers Handle a Plethora of Personal Injury Cases
Our firm can help you if you were involved in one of the following accidents in Florence:
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Moped accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective products
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
What most of these cases have in common is negligence. For you to be eligible for compensation, we must prove that this component exists in your case by showing:
- A duty of care: The other party was legally obligated to keep you safe.
- A breach of duty: The other party failed to meet this obligation (e.g., a trucker drove while fatigued on I-95, a physician misdiagnosed you at McLeod Regional Medical Center, a store manager at Magnolia Mall didn’t clean up a spill, etc.).
- Causation: An accident transpired and caused your injuries (e.g., a rear-end collision, a worsened condition, a slip and fall, etc.).
- Damages: You are now dealing with financial and non-financial damages.
For product liability cases, we would just need to show that the product in question was defective and that this defect caused your injuries.
Forms of Damages You Can Collect Following an Injury in Florence
One of the most common questions we get from prospective clients is, “How much is my case worth?” This question is impossible to answer at first glance, so we will need to go through the facts of your case and look at how the accident has affected you and your family.
We will consider:
- The type of accident
- Where the accident happened
- Who was responsible
- Your diagnosis and prognosis
- Your mental and physical well-being
- Your financial state
- Your capacity to work
After assessing these aspects, we might conclude that you can seek these damages:
- Past and anticipated medical bills
- Past wage losses
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
If You Lost a Loved One in a Florence, South Carolina Accident
Tragically, victims can lose their lives to accidents. Please accept our condolences if this was the case for your loved one.
Although no amount of damages can make up for what happened, it can help make this transition a little less difficult. You may have grounds to claim wrongful death damages for:
- End-of-life medical care costs
- Funeral and memorial service bills
- Burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial help
The damages listed in this section aren’t all you can pursue. When your lawyer analyzes your case, you might find that you qualify for damages that you don’t know about yet.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After You Were Hurt in Florence, SC
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers works to put clients’ needs above all else. If you choose to work with us, you can count on us to:
- Go over your legal options and answer your questions
- Create an evidence file that comprises your medical records, video footage of the accident and/or its aftermath, photos of the injuries you sustained in the accident, expert or eyewitness testimony, or incident or police reports
- Name the liable parties and demonstrate how their negligence caused your injuries
- Take calls and emails from the other party’s insurance company and others involved in your case
- Request a settlement from the insurer on your behalf and take part in negotiations until we find common ground with them
Chances are we won’t have to go to court and can instead secure an out-of-court settlement. However, we are prepared to take your case to trial if negotiations don’t work out in your favor.
What You Can Do Following an Accident in Florence
As mentioned, our injury attorneys will take over all aspects of your case. However, there are some things you can do to protect your right to damages, as well, including:
- If they call you, don’t give the insurance company a recorded statement; refer them to your lawyer instead.
- Continue medical care until your doctor releases you.
- Avoid making posts on social media.
- Keep a daily pain journal to document how you’re feeling physically and mentally.
Taking these few easy steps will give the insurance company less of a reason to argue or deny your claim.
Turn to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers after an accident in Florence, South Carolina
Your priority after getting hurt in an accident should be your health. The stress of working on a legal case can only impede your recovery, as well as the progress of your claim or lawsuit.
Let our personal injury lawyers manage your Florence case for you. Get your free consultation with George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today. Dial (843) 474-2700 to find out more.