After a motorcycle accident, dealing with insurance companies may be the last thing on your mind, especially when you are trying to focus on your recovery. Instead, you can hire a motorcycle accident lawyer to handle the insurance company on your behalf. Doing so can bring you peace of mind, as you will have someone advocating for your financial recovery while you heal.
A motorcycle accident lawyer can build your claim using evidence from the collision, calculate your case value, and negotiate with the insurer for a settlement based on this value. If the insurance adjuster requires additional information or a statement from you, your lawyer can handle these requests while protecting your case. This way, you never have to communicate directly with the insurance company while seeking compensation.
Potential Issues When Dealing With Insurance Companies
A motorcycle accident lawyer will help you navigate the complexities of insurance claims. You could encounter many different issues when filing a liability claim after a motorcycle accident. For example, you may face the insurer:
- Blaming you for the accident
- Pressuring you to make a statement shortly after your accident, when you may still be disoriented, off-guard, or otherwise unprepared to make an on-the-record statement
- Undermining the severity of your injuries
- Claiming your injuries occurred in a separate incident unrelated to the crash
- Offering you a low settlement and making you feel like you cannot pursue more money
- Disputing the necessity of medical treatments
- Stalling the claims process
Having a law firm handle your case gives you access to resources and support that you might otherwise not have. Our team understands how to fight for a fair value in these cases while avoiding delays that could harm your financial recovery.
We Can Build a Strong Motorcycle Accident Claim on Your Behalf
Our motorcycle accident lawyers know how to gather, compile, and present evidence from an accident in the most efficient and compelling ways possible. Types of evidence we may gather for your case include:
- The accident report: When law enforcement arrives at the scene, they record various details about the collision, including whether an officer issued any citations to the other party. We can use this information to establish liability.
- Photographs of the damage: Pictures can go a long way to show the severity of a crash. Our attorneys could include images as proof of your injuries and damage to your motorcycle. We can also use photos of the accident scene to identify other contributing factors to the crash, such as poor road conditions.
- Video footage: Traffic cameras, storefront surveillance cameras, dash cams, and footage from bystanders could have captured your collision. Such footage allows us to understand what happened and may reveal visual proof of the other party’s liability.
- Eyewitness statements: Other drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists may have witnessed the other party’s actions leading up to and during the collision. Our lawyers could use their statements to corroborate your motorcycle accident claim.
We know that insurance companies will be looking for holes or weak points in your claim. For this reason, we’ll gather evidence and prepare all relevant paperwork to build the strongest case possible for you.
We Will Negotiate a Fair Settlement for You
The insurance company may offer a low settlement that doesn’t come close to covering all of your economic and non-economic damages. Our attorneys will work to negotiate with the insurer for a settlement that is fair to you. We can help you create a checklist of your recoverable damages and their values, including:
- Medical expenses
- Motorcycle repair costs
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Wage and income loss
- Loss of future earnings and benefits
If the insurance company won’t offer a higher settlement that can cover your damages, your motorcycle accident lawyer can file a lawsuit and take your case to court. We’ll be there all the way to handle the insurance company and fight for you.
We Can Establish Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident
In addition to handling insurance companies and calculating damages, our lawyers can help you identify other liable parties for your accident. For instance, to determine if the other parties were at fault, we can help you prove the following elements of negligence:
- The other party had a duty of care toward you.
- They breached this duty of care.
- The motorcycle accident was a result of the breach of duty of care.
- You suffered damages as a result of the motorcycle accident.
If we can establish how the at-fault party’s negligence caused the accident to their insurance company, we can recover your damages.
Hire to a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Motorcycle accidents often lead to severe injuries, and you deserve compensation for the harm you or your loved one suffered. Dealing with insurance companies during this difficult time may be overwhelming, but our lawyers will handle it for you so you can focus on your health and recovery.
You can discuss your case with our team before taking action to make sure that you understand what to expect from the claims process and our services. Contact George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to speak with a team member. Our initial consultation is free, and you don’t pay anything unless we secure a financial award in your favor*.