If a passenger in a bus accident hurt you, you could file a personal injury claim. If you were hurt in a bus crash, you could recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
You never need a lawyer to seek damages from the at-fault party and his insurance provider, but you may want one. Your lawyer can take over the administrative and legal details of your case so you can focus on getting better.
Who is At Fault in a Bus Accident?
Whether they are driving a bus, a car, or a bicycle, all drivers must avoid placing other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians at risk. People who put others at risk are considered negligent. When their negligence causes an accident, they can be held legally liable and financially responsible for it.
Common types of negligence that lead to bus accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including texting or talking on the phone
- Driving under the influence
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
It may not be evident who was at fault for your bus accident right away. Our lawyer will investigate your accident to figure out who caused it. Potentially liable parties include the bus driver, his employer, and other drivers. Some buses are defective, and get recalled. The bus that hit you might have had a defect. In this case, the manufacturer could be liable.
Recovering Damages After a Bus Accident
While bus accidents are rare, they do happen. WSAV reports that in November 2021, a wrong-way driver in Hinesville, Georgia, sideswiped one school bus, then hit another bus head on. Bus accidents can be serious because buses often lack seat belts and other safety features that are standard in other motor vehicles.
Our lawyer will help you understand the compensation you could recover, possibly including:
- Medical expenses like emergency treatment, X-rays or other imaging, surgeries, follow-up appointments, prescription medication, and more
- Future medical treatment such as ongoing rehabilitative therapies, anticipated surgeries, and more
- Lost wages if you need to recuperate and cannot work
- Future lost wages if you cannot return to your previous career
- Property damage if you lost property such as luggage, computers, jewelry, and more in the bus accident
- Pain and suffering if you endure an especially long or painful recovery
- Disability or disfigurement if the accident caused you to lose a limb or caused scarring
- Mental anguish if the accident resulted in a mental condition
- Loss of quality of life if you cannot enjoy your hobbies anymore because of the accident
How Your Lawyer Can Help You After a Bus Accident
Pursuing damages after a bus accident can feel overwhelming, especially if you have no experience dealing with insurance companies. You may not know how much your case is worth, fear that insurance companies will take advantage of you, and just want to move on with your life.
Our lawyer will guide you through this process, so you walk away with fair compensation without feeling overburdened with paperwork and phone calls. They can do this by
- Investigating your bus accident: We will use evidence such as pictures of the scene, police reports, eyewitness testimony, cell phone records, toxicology reports, and more to determine who was at fault.
- Estimating the value of your damages: We will use your medical bills and records, projected medical expenses, pictures of your injuries, past wage statements, and more to estimate how much compensation you are entitled to.
- Filing your insurance claim: We will file an insurance claim, submit supporting documents, communicate with the insurer, and negotiate a settlement.
- Suing the at-fault driver: If we cannot resolve your claim with a settlement, we will file a lawsuit and seek damages in court.
Why Choose George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers For Your Bus Accident Case?
Our team works for the rights of victims of personal injury. We will do our best to get you the best outcome possible. Once you contact a Columbia personal injury attorney from our firm, you will get a free initial consultation and case evaluation. Your legal representative will then explain you the process, help with paperwork, hire accident reconstruction experts, gather witness testimonies, and more. Our law firm has been helping its clients seek damages and restore their lives for decades and we are sure we can help you as well. Here are a few of our client testimonials:
“From the minute I called George Sink law firm, they were right on board, [they] were ready to hear my story, they were [ready] to hear what happened. They made me feel welcome, they were very concerned, they called to check on me. And that speaks volumes to me. I made a great choice in choosing George Sink law firm.” – Deanna M.
“George Sink really means what he says! When you have bills and things piling up, and you’re wondering how you’re going to pay this and pay that, just pick up the phone because George Sink will help you. He really can!” – Kevin W.
Our Team is Ready to Represent You After a Bus Accident
If you were a passenger in a bus accident, you could file a personal injury claim. The George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers team is ready to represent you as you seek damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call our office today at (888) 612-7001 for a free consultation. We work on contingency, so we don’t get paid unless you do.