You could find a workers’ compensation lawyer good for your case by doing research and talking to their staff. You can also check their website to read about them, look at reviews of their services online, and see how many workers’ compensation cases they’ve won. Another thing you can do is talk to friends and loved ones about their experiences with work injury lawyers.
Markers of a Good Lawyer Serving South Carolina
A good South Carolina lawyer will:
- Answer your questions
- Place your concerns above all else
- Keep you updated throughout the case
- Explain your situation
- Handle negotiations for fair benefits
- Gather evidence that supports your case
- Consider your future medical bills when helping you apply for benefits
- Advise you against mistakes that could threaten your case
What Injuries or Illnesses May Be a Part of a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Several injuries or illnesses may be a part of a workers’ compensation claim. Speaking with an attorney will help you determine if your injury or illness is compensable with workers’ compensation benefits.
Common injuries or illnesses workers suffer include:
- Lacerations: Deep cuts or tears in the skin
- Sprains and strains: Stretched or torn ligaments
- Contusions: Bruises
- Burns: Heat, chemicals, electricity, steam, sunlight, or radiation
- Eye and face injury: Your work should provide eye and face protection
- Fractures: Breaks in bones
What a Good Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Do for You
The right lawyer for you will analyze your case for workers’ compensation caused by unjustified dismissals or accidents due to work risk. They will pursue fair benefits for you. Of course, each case is unique. The following factors could affect benefits:
- Your time at the company
- The salary you made
- The severity of the injury
When the compensation corresponds to accidents due to work risk, your lawyer must analyze other aspects, such as the type of accident or illness caused by the work environment. In these cases, you should recover corresponding compensation depending on the type of disability and the medical treatment.
How Your Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Gets Paid
If you are worried about money, you should only hire an attorney that works on a contingency-fee basis. This is when your attorney receives a percentage of the money you recover.
Clients do not have to pay any amount of money upfront at firms that follow this fee structure. If a contingency fee is agreed upon, you and your attorney must sign a written agreement stating the percentage you will pay your attorney for their services. You would not have to pay your attorney if you lose your case, though.
How Much Workers’ Compensation You Could Recover
When workplace accidents or illnesses occur, the injured workers quickly develop emergency costs. You could file a claim for benefits. You could also get legal advice from a good workers’ compensation lawyer in South Carolina. Your lawyer will aim to promptly resolve your workers’ compensation claim.
You can include several things in your workers’ compensation claim. These include:
- Medical Treatment: Your benefits would cover your ER visits, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, physical therapy, long-term treatment, etc., as you heal and recover from your injury or illness.
- Lost Wages: If you cannot work while recovering from your injury or illness, you can still receive payment for your lost wages. Your attorney will help you determine how much you should be able to receive each month.
- Death Benefits: If you lost a loved one due to workplace injury or illness, you could receive payment for the funeral, burial, etc.
While each workers’ compensation claim is unique, a good workers’ compensation lawyer in South Carolina will determine a monetary amount that will benefit you. With the collected evidence (witness testimony, and accident or illness reports), your attorney should be able to make a solid case for fair compensation.
What You Should Know About George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers
The George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has helped South Carolina clients obtain fair workers’ compensation work-related accidents. Our lawyers can help you obtain fair benefits for your losses. An attorney will analyze your case and act in accordance with the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act.
The lawyers at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers have been fighting for years to obtain the financial compensation their clients deserve. Our company has helped more than 50,000 clients legally resolve cases related to the injured or disabled in private, commercial, or traffic accidents.
Our Lawyers Will Work Hard To Secure Your Workers’ Compensation
The attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are ready to help you when you need it. You can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to arrange a free review of your case. We aim to secure benefits for you from the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.