Below, we discuss different types of financial awards available in auto collision cases, along with some examples of car accident settlements our attorneys obtained on behalf of their clients.
Filing a compensation claim may feel like added stress while recovering from your accident. However, you deserve to be properly compensated for your injuries, especially in the current climate where for-profit insurers seek to pay out as little as possible.
Settlements We Secured For Past Clients and Their Families
The amount of compensation awarded varies on a case-by-case basis. We also recovered:
- $4.1 million settlement for a family harmed by an 18 wheeler
- $2.5 million for two victims of a highway collision
- $4 million for four auto accident victims
- $957,865 for a family injured by a distracted driver
You can review other case results1 on our firm’s website.
What Compensation Is Available in an Auto Accident Injury Case?
If you were injured in a crash, you could be eligible for a variety of financial damages. An injury lawyer can seek every kind of relief available for your situation, such as:
- Past and future medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential if your job is affected by your injuries
- Diminished quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle or property damage
If the accident caused the loss of a loved one, the immediate family could file a wrongful death claim against the responsible driver or organization whose negligence caused the accident. Compensation can be awarded for funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship and financial support, and other related damages.
While no money can make up for the loss of someone you love, it can help your family seek justice and reduce the stress related to financial strain.
Causes of Accidents Our Personal Injury Firm Sees
Auto accidents are unfortunately a common occurrence and can happen for many reasons. You could be entitled to compensation whether you were hit:
- By another motorist in a car or truck
- While riding your bike, moped, motorcycle
- As a pedestrian
While we cannot list every type of accident, here are the top three most common contributors to crashes we encounter frequently:
Distracted driving is illegal, such as texting while operating a vehicle on a public street or highway. If you believe the driver who caused your car accident was distracted at the time of the crash, you or your car accident attorney will need to prove the other driver was inattentive when they hit you.
Other causes of distracted driving include daydreaming, using in-car technologies, and speaking to passengers. Anything that takes a motorist’s focus off the road constitutes distracted driving. Your attorney can help you prove a driver was distracted at the time of the crash by assessing:
- Evidence from the accident scene you may have collected, such as photographs
- Cell phone records of the negligent driver
- The other party’s social media activity or other electronic trails at the time of the accident
- Vehicle data
- Witness testimony
- Police reports
- CCTV footage
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
DUI means driving while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs. To prove a DUI or DUAC lawsuit, your attorney must prove fault on the other driver’s behalf to win your case.
Victims of DUI offenses often face serious injuries resulting in staggering medical bills. We help our clients by gathering evidence such as:
- Crash and police reports
- Testimonies from witnesses and medical professionals
- Photographs or videos of the accident
From this, we build a strong case and pursue the responsible party for a fair settlement.
Careless driving is another common factor in many accident cases. Drivers are negligent when they:
- Drive aggressively or unsafely for the current road and weather conditions
- Fail to yield right of way
- Fail to obey traffic signals and signs
- Fail to signal before changing lanes
Your attorney will be able to identify potentially liable parties through investigation. Some accidents could involve a truck driver and their employer, for example.
Call For a Free Consultation and Learn About Your Legal Options Today
If you or a loved one was injured in an auto accident another, the George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers team could help make things right. During our 40 years of practice, we have obtained millions of dollars to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve after being injured by the negligence of others.
To discuss your claim in more detail, we invite you to call (888) 612-7001 for a free consultation in your home, at the hospital, or in our office. We can also talk about car accident settlements. Meanwhile, please review the positive experience our clients have shared about us here.