Call Anytime. 24/7

Get help now

(888) 612-7001 Click to Call
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
  • Please enter a message.
By submitting my information I confirm that I have read the disclaimer below.
*Any information sent to George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers through this website may not be secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Transmission of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, nor is it intended to do so.

South Carolina Auto Accident FAQ

Were you injured in an auto accident that was caused by no fault of your own? If so, you may be entitled to pursue legal action for the injuries and damages you sustained. At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our South Carolina car accident lawyer has over 40 years of experience in the field. Over the years, he has handled more than 40,000 injury cases, giving him the knowledge and resources necessary to take on even the most complicated cases. We understand how complicated it can be to navigate through a personal injury claim, and so we strive to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve after an auto accident. If you have any questions regarding you car accident claim, browse through our FAQ section below. For any other questions or concerns, be sure to give us a call today!

  • What happens if I’m partially to blame for a crash?
    South Carolina has adopted comparative negligence laws for personal injury lawsuits. This partial fault law determines the level of fault between the parties involved in the accident. This means that you are able to recover damages from a car accident as long as your fault does not exceed that of the defendant. Evidence such as police reports, crash investigators and witnesses will be used to help the court determine the percentage of fault assigned to each party.
  • I was in a car accident and the other driver was at fault. Now his/her insurance company wants to immediately send me a check. Should I accept it?
    Always talk to an attorney before accepting compensation from an insurance company. Don’t forget that the at-fault driver’s insurance company wants to solve the case as quickly as possible for as little as possible. The Insurance Company may not consider the long term effects of your personal injuries, especially if you are still receiving medical treatment, and their settlement may not fully cover the costs of your injuries. An experienced lawyer from George Sink P.A. Injury Lawyers will help you determine your benefits and compensation.
  • I was in a car accident a few years ago but haven’t found time to hire a lawyer. Do I still have time to file a claim in South Carolina?
    Statutes of limitations (the time you are legally allowed to file a lawsuit) can vary in different cases and areas. So, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you determine what statute may apply in your situation.
  • I was recently in a car accident and the at-fault driver doesn’t have car insurance. Do I still receive compensation for my injuries?
    South Carolina drivers are required to carry some sort of liability insurance, which is at minimum $25,000 coverage per person. However, some drivers break this law or do not carry enough insurance to compensate you for all of your damages. You still may be able to recover money through your own insurance policy’s underinsured motorist or uninsured motorist benefits. Insurance coverage can be a complex issue, but an experienced personal injury lawyer can conduct an investigation into what insurance coverage applies in your case. In this situation, George Sink, PA. Injury Lawyers will work hard to help you receive compensation that you deserve.
  • I got hurt in a car accident, but I don’t have any health insurance. What should I do?
    Seeking medical treatment after an accident is one of the most important things you can do. If you do not seek medical treatment, you are telling the insurance company, “my injuries aren’t that serious” and a significant gap in treatment or no medical treatment can have a negative impact on your case – not to mention your health and well-being! Oftentimes right after an accident, you won’t feel hurt. However, as time passes you will begin to feel the ill effects of your accident. Or worse yet, you may not realize that you have a serious or life-threatening injury. That’s why it is so important to see a doctor right after you’ve been involved in an accident. If you don’t have health insurance, you may be able to get your medical bills paid by other means, such as Medicaid and Medicare, or you may be able to get reimbursed for your medical bills by the at-fault’s insurance company. Additionally, an experienced personal injury attorney may be able to find you a health care provider that will take care of your injuries.
  • The other driver’s insurance company is trying to get me to sign papers and make a recorded statement. What should I do?
    Talk to your attorney before signing papers or making a recorded statement. Remember, insurance companies want to solve the issue as quickly and inexpensively as possible, and your recorded statement can be used against you by insurance companies. Make sure that you understand your rights before signing anything because your signature might jeopardize your case and your future.
  • My car is not drive-able after my car accident. How can I get it fixed? Can I get a rental car?
    If the accident wasn’t your fault, the at-fault driver’s insurance may immediately accept liability for the car accident. In this case, the insurance company would pay for your rental car until their insurance company either repairs your vehicle or pays you the fair market value of the totaled car. If the insurance company fails to make a decision, the at-fault driver is either denying responsibility or is withholding a decision, which may complicate the matter. Rental coverage might also be provided by your insurance company.
  • I was in a car accident and my car is damaged, but I am not hurt. Can you still help me?
    As a personal injury law firm, we only help people who have suffered an injury as a result of an accident. Most people successfully settle property damage case on their own. Insurance pay outs are either for property damage or damage to the persons involved in the accident. If you are hurt, and the injury causes you to miss work or leaves you with lasting pain, you should consult an experienced personal injury lawyer. Even if you don’t think you’ve been hurt, we always advise that you seek medical treatment after an accident, symptoms may worsen over time or you may not initially realize that you have a serious injury
  • My car accident was a hit-and-run and I don’t know who the other driver is. Can I still get compensated?
    In order to receive compensation for a hit and run accident, in addition to other requirements, you will need a qualified witness who saw the collision and/or physical evidence showing that another car was involved in the accident. Our personal injury attorneys and investigators at George Sink, PA. Injury Lawyers will help gather physical evidence, take pictures of the accident, and interview the witnesses in order to help get you the compensation you deserve.
  • I was hit while riding my moped. I don’t have car insurance. Who will pay my bills?
    If the owner of the car that hit you has insurance, you can seek compensation to cover your property damage and personal injury. Make sure that you are treated by a medical provider and prove that you’re in pain in order to receive personal injury benefits. A personal injury lawyer can help investigate whether any additional insurance coverage would apply in your case.