T-bone collisions may also be known as side-impact or broadside collisions. These accidents occur when one vehicle strikes the side of another vehicle head-on. These collisions can be dangerous if your vehicle is struck on the side where you or your passengers are sitting, and they can result in serious injury or death. If you or a loved one was in a T-bone collision, the person responsible for the accident may be financially responsible for your losses.
A Charleston T-bone collision lawyer can help you pursue compensation through an insurance claim, personal injury lawsuit, or wrongful death lawsuit. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about your case.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
T-Bone Collisions Can Be Fatal
A T-bone collision can cause serious injury or death, especially when the vehicles involved in the collision are drastically different in size and weight. According to the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine:
- Drivers of passenger vehicles were more likely to die in a T-bone collision than drivers of SUVs
- SUVs are more likely to roll over after a T-bone collision than passenger vehicles
- Drivers of vehicles struck in the side were substantially more likely to die than those in the striking vehicle
Some factors that may determine the severity of a T-bone collision are:
- How fast the striking vehicle was traveling at the time of your collision
- Whether you were wearing a seatbelt at the time of the collision and whether your seatbelt functioned as intended
- Whether your airbags deployed
- Whether your vehicle was struck on the side where you were sitting or on the opposite side
- Whether the driver who struck you was able to brake before impact
- The size and weight of the vehicle that struck yours
- The size and weight of your vehicle
You Can Sue for PTSD
Being struck by an oncoming vehicle can be traumatic, potentially causing the onset of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The Mayo Clinic explains that PTSD may result from an accident, which could include a T-bone collision. Other health problems that may be caused by a side-impact collision include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Spinal injuries
- Damage to your internal organs, including internal bleeding
- Visible cuts, bruises, and burns
Your injuries may have lasting effects or, in some cases, permanent effects. In worst cases, injuries may prove to be fatal. If you or your loved one was injured because of a T-bone collision, a Charleston T-bone collision lawyer can fight for you.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today to discuss how a lawyer will help you seek compensation.
How Accident-Related Injuries Can Upend Your Life
Suffering an injury or losing a loved one in a motor vehicle collision can change your life as you know it. If you get severely injured, you might:
- Be unable to work for a prolonged period of time
- Lose income if you are unable to work or require more time to recover
- Be without a vehicle if you are unable to repair or replace your damaged car
- Face significant expenses related to your injuries
- Be unable to move as you did before your accident
- Have cognitive impairment
- Experience a decline in your mental health
- Experience recurring trauma
- Have difficulty sleeping
- Face serious harm to your quality of life
If you were not at fault for the T-bone collision, you may be able to recover the losses that you experienced by suing the at-fault driver. Other parties who might be responsible for causing your accident may also be held financially responsible for your accident-related losses.
Charleston T-Bone Collisions Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
Seek Compensation Through Insurance or a Lawsuit
Insurance may be the first avenue that you explore as you attempt to obtain coverage for your losses. However, there are reasons why an insurance company might not compensate for your losses, such as:
- The driver responsible for your accident was not insured
- The amount of coverage that the at-fault driver possesses is not enough to cover your losses
- Some element of your accident voids the insurance policy of the at-fault driver
Some aggravating circumstances, such as the driver being drunk, may compel you to pursue compensation beyond what insurance coverage can provide. A lawyer may help you start and complete any lawsuit that you would like to bring.
Don’t allow the complications of the case or an insurance company’s lowball offer deter you in your pursuit of justice and rightful compensation. Our Charleston car accident attorneys can help you seek a proper insurance settlement or a financial award from a court to recover from your injuries and get your life back on track. In most cases, going to court means you could also pursue non-economic damages, such as mental anguish or PTSD-like symptoms, loss of future wages, alterations of your plans and future trips, loss of consortium or enjoyment of everyday activities, and more. No matter how hard things seem, don’t give up on your right to fully recover financially, physically, and mentally.
Hiring a T-Bone Collision Lawyer in Charleston May Help Your Lawsuit
You may hire a Charleston T-bone collision accident lawyer for a plethora of reasons. You might not have legal experience and would rather have someone else take on the responsibility of bringing a lawsuit, or you might be incapacitated because of your injuries and would prefer to focus on your recovery. A Charleston T-bone collision accident attorney can help you with your case.
Your legal team may also offer the following legal services:
- Collecting and organizing evidence
- Documenting your injuries
- Documenting witness and expert testimony
- Filing your lawsuit and related paperwork
- Appearing in court on your behalf
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial
- Defending your rights
Damages You Can Collect
The success of your lawsuit may depend on whether you collect compensation. Some of the losses you may be entitled to collect might include:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Treatment for your physical and psychological trauma
- Surgery to repair scarring or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
Call a T-Bone Collision Accident Attorney in Charleston
A Charleston T-bone collision lawyer may help you with your case, should you decide to pursue compensation. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about the services of a personal injury lawyer.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100