If a driver causes an accident because they decided to text and drive, they may be held liable for compensating anyone they harm. If you were a victim of a texting while driving accident, an attorney may assist with your claim by:
- Determining who the liable party or parties might be
- Providing legal counsel
- Dealing with negotiations or communications with attorneys and insurance companies
- Collecting evidence that might prove how the accident occurred
- Representing you in court if necessary
No one should have to suffer health and financial damages due to someone else’s negligence, yet accidents occur every day. That is why our team of personal injury lawyers wants to help you fight for the financial recovery you need to get your life back on track. We can do the legal work while you receive the time you need to focus on other life priorities.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
A Personal Injury Lawyer May Help You Gather Evidence
Like most states, texting and driving is against the law in South Carolina. According to the South Carolina Code of Law § 56-5-3890, texting is the “unlawful use of a wireless electronic communication device while operating a motor vehicle.” If you were a victim of a texting while driving accident, presenting clear evidence is one way to support your personal injury claim.
You and your lawyer may be able to collect the following types of evidence for your accident case:
- Testimony or statements from witnesses
- A copy of the police report
- Photographs and videos of the accident scene, your injuries, or property damage
- Accident reconstruction analysis
- Medical records related to your accident
Accidents caused by texting can cause serious harm, especially if the texting driver cannot react in time to stop their vehicle or swerve out of the way to avoid hitting another vehicle or person. Injuries from these accidents can lead to medical costs, trauma, severe pain, and emotional suffering.
A North Charleston texting while driving accident lawyer can assist you with your case and work hard to prove why the other party or parties should be held liable for your damages. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers wants to help you with your claim or lawsuit and pursue compensation on your behalf.
North Charleston Texting While Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me(888) 612-7001
Distracted Driving in Car Accidents
Texting while driving is banned in South Carolina, but many drivers continue to engage in this dangerous behavior anyway. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving poses a dangerous risk in car accidents. In 2018, it was listed as a contributing factor in 2,841 fatalities, which included 1,730 drivers, 400 pedestrians, and 77 bicyclists.
Examples of distracted driving include:
- Talking or texting on the phone
- Holding a phone to speak
- Looking at or manipulating the GPS screen on a phone or tablet
- Adjusting the music, radio, or other dashboard controls
- Adjusting one’s appearance or applying makeup
- Turning one’s head to talk to passengers
- Not paying attention in general or “zoning out”
Texting while driving can be waived during exceptional cases, which may include:
- Being lawfully parked or stopped
- Using a hands-free wireless electronic communication device
- Calling for emergency assistance
- Using a GPS device as intended, for navigational purposes only and hands-free
At George Sink, P.A Injury Lawyers, we understand how such negligence while driving can cause injuries and damages to victims. If you need help in proving the other party’s liability, we may help you build your case. Call our client intake team at (843) 628-0100 for a free case evaluation today.
Effects of Texting While Driving
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driver distraction is a type of driving behavior that involves driver inattention. This can result in unsafe driving practices, which may include:
- Missing traffic signals or lights
- Being unable to notice changing traffic situations
- Diverting focus from road signs and lanes
- Being inattentive to cyclists and pedestrians
- Going beyond the line of road work zones
Physical Effects on Victims in Texting While Driving Car Accidents
When drivers get distracted, they may accidentally violate traffic rules. However, their negligence may lead to harsher consequences, in that they might injure people severely.
Serious physical injuries that often occur in a texting while driving accident include:
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain damage or injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Temporary or permanent disabilities
Your personal injury lawyer may collect medical documentation to support your claims about your injuries when pursuing compensation for your damages.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
A Lawyer Can Help You Negotiate a Settlement
If you win compensation, you may be able to recover a variety of accident-related damages you experienced, such as:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral or burial costs if you lost a loved in the accident
- Decreased or lost wages if you needed to take time off to recover from your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from working like you used to do so before the accident
Your lawyer may calculate your losses and use this total figure as a goal when entering negotiations or a court trial. They may represent your legal interests on your behalf and potentially negotiate a settlement, should you agree to it. If you cannot reach a settlement, your lawyer may take your case to court.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers About Your Case
If you are interested in getting legal assistance to pursue compensation, a North Charleston texting while driving accident lawyer from our firm is ready to start working on your case. They can review your case and strategize a legal plan for your claim or lawsuit.
Our team represents victims who have suffered personal injuries in a variety of accidents, including motor vehicle accidents involving a negligent driver who was texting. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free case evaluation.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001