According to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), while police chases are sometimes necessary to apprehend criminal offenders, they can pose a threat to all road users. If you or a loved one was injured in a crash caused by a police chase, consider the value of working with a personal injury lawyer. They can employ a variety of legal measures on your behalf to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and emotional trauma.
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, we can help you navigate the claims process by helping you determine fault and liability for your losses. A Charleston police chase accident lawyer can work to promote your financial and legal interests. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about our legal services.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Police Chases Can Result in Serious Accidents
Whether somebody has committed a crime or not, they may choose to flee from the police rather than submit to questioning. Somebody who runs from the police may not be in a rational state of mind, as they could be:
- Under the influence of drugs
- Under the influence of alcohol
- In an emotionally agitated state
- In a suicidal state
- Extremely dangerous to themselves and others
The DOJ notes that one person every day loses their life in police chase-related accidents. In fact, SC Code §16-9-320 makes it illegal for somebody to resist arrest in any manner. When somebody makes the conscious choice to flee from the police, their actions could negatively impact everybody around them.
Those who run from the police may be liable for any harm that stems from their actions. If you or a loved one was injured because of the actions of someone who was fleeing the police, then a police chase accident attorney in Charleston will help you seek compensation for your losses. We can also help you file a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one who was unable to survive the extent of their collision-related injuries.
Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation about seeking compensation.
Charleston Police Chase Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
A Police Chase Accident Lawyer in Charleston Will Guide You Through the Legal Process
Somebody who flees the police may not have insurance to cover your losses, and even if they do, their insurance policy may not cover the cost of damages associated with a police chase. If this turns out to be a reality in your case, you may be able to seek compensation from a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
A lawyer will take several steps to complete whichever civil action you choose to bring. Some of your lawyer’s duties may include:
- Collecting evidence that connects the police chase to your injuries
- Documenting the nature and severity of your injuries with assistance from your doctors
- Calculating and itemizing all of the losses that you have suffered because of the police chase in question
- Determining all parties who are liable and at fault for your losses
- Filing a lawsuit
- Completing all court appearances on your behalf
- Completing all paperwork necessary to advance your lawsuit
- Negotiating a settlement or completing a trial
Your lawyer will serve you in ways that facilitate the completion of your claim or lawsuit. Your lawyer will take additional measures to defend your legal rights, provide assistance, and answer your legal questions. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers to learn more about how a Charleston police chase accident attorney can promote your interests.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
Possible Compensation You Can Receive from Your Personal Injury Case
In an ideal situation, you would be able to recover compensation through negotiations with the liable insurance company. This would make it so that you do not have to present your case in court. You may be seeking compensation for:
- Medical expenses stemming from your treatment and injuries
- The income you have not earned because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of physical rehabilitation
- The cost of psychological treatment for your mental health complications
- The cost of living with a disability or disfigurement
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries prevent you from making as much money as you did before
- Property damage, including harm to your vehicle
Your lawyer will determine the full extent of your losses, assign your losses a dollar value, and fight for that figure during negotiations.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Call a Charleston Police Chase Accident Attorney for Help Today
The trauma of an accident can prevent you from working or even functioning normally. A Charleston police chase accident lawyer will handle your legal obligations while you focus on your health and family. Call George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers today for more details about our legal services during a free case review.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100