With more elderly drivers on the road, the potential for accidents increases. If you are an elderly driver (or your loved one is an elderly driver) who was hurt in a motor vehicle accident in Charleston, you do not have to fight alone.
Put your case in the hands of a Charleston elderly driver injury attorney from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers. We can evaluate your case for free.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Elderly Drivers Are at Greater Risk
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that elderly drivers (those 65 years of age and older) are more likely to take reasonable precautions while driving, such as using a seatbelt and not drinking and driving. And yet, older drivers are at a greater risk of being injured or killed in a car accident.
Part of the reason for this is that as people age, they become more fragile and suffer from more health problems—like heart issues or arthritis. A car accident that would leave a younger person with minor injuries could be catastrophic or even fatal for an older person.
Getting older can also affect your vision, your hearing, or your reflexes. Even if you see another vehicle coming, you may not be able to react quickly enough to avoid a collision.
Charleston Elderly Driver Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
You May Qualify for Compensation
If you were in an accident caused by someone else’s careless or negligent driving, you may be able to sue the other party for compensation. This compensation may include damages for medical bills, car repair bills, and more. This section will give you a brief overview of personal injury lawsuits and compensation.
What Types of Compensation for Which to File
When filing a lawsuit, you will need to be specific about the effects the accident had on you, your family, and your finances in order to receive compensation. Compensation for financial costs is also referred to as economic damages. Some examples of such damages are:
- Lost wages: to compensate for the income you lost when you took time off work to recover from your injuries
- Medical costs: to compensate for doctor’s visits, medications, surgery, homecare, and so on
- Repair costs: to compensate for repairs to your vehicle
- Rental costs: to compensate for the expense of renting a vehicle while your own was being repaired or replaced
Note that, according to the South Carolina Department of Insurance, you may not have to sue for rental costs. The liable driver’s insurance is required to reimburse you for such expenses, but only until they offer you a settlement.
Compensation for physical and mental costs is called noneconomic damages. Some examples of such damages are:
- Pain and suffering: to compensate for the physical pain caused by your injuries and/or the mental pain caused by the accident or your injuries
- Reduced quality of life: to compensate for the activities that you can no longer perform (or can no longer perform as easily) as you did before the accident
- Disability: to compensate for the loss or partial loss of a limb, sense, motor function, and so on
- Disfigurement: to compensate for the fact that your injuries left you with physical scars that will never heal
South Carolina places limits on what some claimants can receive. For example, if a claimant is found to be partly responsible for an accident, the amount of compensation they are entitled to goes down.
Speak to an elderly driver injury lawyer in Charleston at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers before you begin your lawsuit. They can review your case and alert you to potential complications up front. That way, you will not get any surprises later on.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers Is Here for You
Being in a car accident can be scary and stressful. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers would be happy to put your mind at ease by taking care of all legal matters for you. This includes:
- Coming to you: If you cannot travel due to your injury, we will visit you at home to discuss your case and go over your options.
- Submitting paperwork: You do not have to worry about contacting the liable parties about the lawsuit or filing the right forms to request a trial.
- Building a case: To prove that you deserve the damages you are seeking, we will look into every aspect of your accident and collect evidence to back up your claims.
- Negotiating a settlement: Your lawsuit does not automatically go to trial. First, we will sit down with the liable party’s insurance company and try to get them to agree to pay you a fair settlement.
- Representing you at trial: If the insurance company does not cooperate, we will take your case to court and keep fighting for your rights.
- Answering your questions: We are here to listen to questions or concerns about your case. Call us at any time.
Driving is a necessary part of life for many people, young and old. If someone else’s reckless driving has left you injured or disabled, a Charleston elderly driver injury lawyer from George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is ready and waiting to fight for you. Contact our Charleston office by phone or through our online form. We can handle your lawsuit while you focus on what really counts: getting your life back.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100