If you suffered injuries in a Charleston accident caused by a negligent bus driver, we can help you file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. This type of case is often complex, especially if the liable party is a government agency. However, our bus accident team has the knowledge and experience to navigate the legal process.
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our Charleston bus accident lawyers can explain your rights, work to hold the liable party responsible, and seek compensation to pay for your accident-related expenses and losses. We offer free case reviews, and we can handle your claim on a contingency-fee basis.*
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
Damages Available in a Charleston, SC, Bus Accident Case
After a bus accident, you could be facing serious hardships related to your health and your ability to work.
Our team will work to recover compensation for your accident-related expenses and losses. How much a claim is worth will vary from case to case, but the following include some of the most common damages we can seek for bus accident victims.
Medical Care and Injury-Related Expenses
We will work to help you recover your treatment and rehabilitation-related expenses. The value of these losses depends on the severity of your injuries and the cost of your treatment. Some of the most common expenses in this category include:
- Hospitalization and treatment costs
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other prescribed therapies
- Prescription drug costs, including pain management
- Ongoing and future care costs
- Required medical equipment
- Mobility and accessibility aids
- Ambulance transportation costs
We Can Include Other Economic Damages
We will work to understand the full extent of your financial losses that resulted from your accident and injury. We can include these damages when we negotiate a settlement or seek awards in a trial.
You may be facing the following financial losses after your accident:
- Income-related losses, such as lost paychecks or reduced earning capacity
- Property damage costs, if your car requires replacement or repair
- Other personal property losses
- The cost of transportation if you cannot use your personal vehicle
- And more
Non-Economic Losses Can Reflect Your Suffering
Other losses don’t necessarily have a dollar value, but they still significantly impact your life. We can tell you how your non-economic losses could be valued in a claim or lawsuit and help you make a recovery for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- And more
If You Lost a Loved One to a Bus Accident
We can handle every aspect of a wrongful death case for you, seeking compensation for the following damages:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical costs
- And other damages
Charleston Bus Accidents Lawyer Near Me843-628-0100
Our Attorneys Will Handle the Legal Process After a Charleston, SC, Bus Accident
Accidents involving a transit authority or a bus company lead to complex cases. You have a right to hire legal counsel to handle the process for you. When you work with us, we can:
- Investigate your accident
- Determine the liable party or parties
- Help you prove the full value of your case based on evidence
- Handle the negotiation process for you
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
- Advise you on any relevant local or state laws that may affect your case
We can walk you through the claims process and take your case to court if necessary.
Why Choose George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for Help with Your Injury Case?
We understand that choosing a law firm to represent your case is a significant decision. Here are some reasons why you may want to choose our team:
- You can call us anytime, 24/7, for a free case review.
- If you can’t travel to us, we can come to you.
- We have decades of experience with personal injury law in South Carolina.
- We have recovered millions for victims of injury.₁
We support our clients through every step of their case for compensation. Additionally, we require no upfront fees in order to get started with a case. We work based on contingency, which means that:
- We only receive a payment if we win your case.*
- No hourly rates or retainers are involved.
- You don’t have to worry about paying for a lawyer out of pocket.
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!843-628-0100
Determining Liability in a Charleston Bus Accident
One challenging aspect of a bus accident case is determining who is liable for the injuries you sustained. There are a number of complex laws that affect who is responsible and what we have to do to hold them accountable. These include:
- Vicarious liability: This is a legal doctrine that allows us to hold an employer liable for the negligent actions of their employee. In this case, the employee may be the bus driver who caused an accident.
- The South Carolina Tort Claims Act: If a government agency or employee could be liable, this is a law that outlines how we must approach your legal process.
We can help you understand how these laws may affect your case and your potential payout. In general, the liable party in your crash is often the agency or company that employs the bus driver and operates the bus.
When Your Accident Involves CARTA
Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority (CARTA) may be found liable for an accident caused by one of its employees. Because CARTA receives government funding from the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) and the Federal Transit Authority (FTA), special rules may apply when bringing a case or filing a suit. We can tell you more about how the legal process works in an accident involving a CARTA employee.
CARTA may be the liable party in your accident if:
- The accident occurred while you were riding a CARTA bus.
- A CARTA bus hit your vehicle.
- A CARTA bus hit you on foot or on your bicycle.
If the Driver of a Privately-Owned Bus Caused the Crash
In most cases, if the driver who hit you was on the job, we can try to hold the owner of a privately owned bus liable if the driver caused your accident injuries.
Liable parties may include:
- A bus company
- A tour company
- A nonprofit organization
- Another type of corporation
- A private individual
We begin by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit against the liable party. If we cannot reach a fair offer, we can then take your case to trial.
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Get a Free Consultation About Your Bus Accident in Charleston, SC
At George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers, our team offers complimentary case reviews and consultations. We can explain your rights, help you understand your options, and handle your bus accident case for you from start to finish.
Call us today at (843) 628-0100 for a free case evaluation. One of our bus accident lawyers in Charleston, SC can help.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?843-628-0100