Learning that you have a recalled hip device can be a scary time for patients. Some patients may have already experienced pain, some have been though revision surgery and some may be looking for ways to receive compensation from their pain and suffering.
As a Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer , there are some easy steps you can take as a hip recall victim. Here are 10 things you should do after you receive a DePuy Orthopaedics hip replacement recall letter:
1. Immediately contact your doctor and schedule an appointment to have an evaluation.
2. Educate yourself about all potential side effects from the failure of the DePuy implant.
3. Document any symptoms or issues you have experienced or are experiencing.
4. Ask your doctor to perform specific tests to monitor potential problems like chromium and cobalt toxicity, which may result when debris from the faulty hip enters the blood stream.
5. Be wary of any communication with DePuy directly.
6. Contact a North Charleston personal injury attorney with experience dealing with DePuy hip recall cases.
7. Understand that you are not “going after” your doctor.
8. Explore, in consultation with your lawyer, the extent of damage to which you may be entitled.
9. Talk to your doctor to decide if hip revision surgery is necessary.
10. Take medical and legal action as soon as the recall letter arrives.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001