If you have a DePuy Orthopaedics ASR XL Acetabular System hip implant you probably have a lot of questions. The hip implant was recalled in July for early failure rates and reports of metallosis poisoning. You may or may not have experienced pain or complications from the device, but it’s important to ask your doctor the basic information to protect your health and your finances.
As a North Charleston personal injury lawyer , I suggest asking your doctor the following questions, to learn what the best action is in your case:
1. What are the major warning signs of a failing hip implant?
2. Can a bad hip implant cause metal poisoning?
3. Do I need a second surgery?
4. What are the risks of a second hip surgery?
5. If I am symptom free with normal blood work, do I need the second surgery?
6. How long is the recovery from a revision surgery?
7. Do I need a DePuy hip recall lawyer?
8. Do I have to surrender my defective hip to the company?
9. Can I arrange copies of all my records to be made available by my attorney
If you conclude you need a lawyer, contact a DePuy hip recall lawyer in South Carolina.