Posted on: March 22, 2017
Every day, people do extraordinary things for the world – without seeking recognition. George Sink Injury Lawyers partnered with ABC News 4 to celebrate these unsung heroes with the Jefferson Awards.
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis helped create The Jefferson Awards in 1972 to encourage public service and celebrate the selfless individuals who do so much to make our communities a better place. The Jefferson Awards for Public Service have been given out to Supreme Court Justices and Astronauts, to people who feed the hungry and help our veterans, at both the national and local levels. The hope is to celebrate ordinary citizens who do extraordinary things without asking for recognition.
George Sink Injury Lawyers has partnered with ABC News 4’s Dean Stephens to find local heroes and celebrate their stories on the news. These civic leaders are interviewed on air, so everyone else can be inspired to help their communities in South Carolina and across the nation. George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is proud to have sponsored these news segments and the local Jefferson Awards. Through their collaboration, millions may be inspired by these local heroes. We hope the example of these extraordinary citizens inspires others to do good.
Here are some of the extraordinary Charleston, South Carolina area winners:
- An 11 year old boy whose organization has fed 21,000 hungry children (Jackson Silverman for I Heart Hungry Kids)
- Bringing fresh water to Flint, Michigan, after Lead in their water harmed children (Johnny Wright – bottles for Flint)
- Inspiring over 200 local farms with fresh produce …and new jobs! (Fresh Future Farms. Germaine Jenkins)
- Helping people work their way out of difficulty and homelessness (In Every Story Staffing, Derek Snook and Susan Fuller)
- Bringing music and ministry to our elders. (Don and Isabelle Oswald)
- Saving hundreds of abused or neglected pets in South Carolina(Hallie Hill Sanctuary)
- Helping end cyberbullying and teen suicide (Taking off Her Mask)
- Reminding us all that “Hate Won’t Win” after the horrific Emanuel 9 church shooting (Alana Simmons, Hate Won’t Win)
- Helping Veterans with PTSD (Warrior Surf Foundation)
Please join us in celebrating each of these local heroes. They inspire so much good in this world. They bring us hope. View the full ABC article here.
Learn more about George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers’ support of South Carolina by clicking here.
View Photo Gallery
Just as these Jefferson Award winners are here for the community, George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers wants to be here for you. If you’ve been injured in a car wreck or on the job, contact one of the experienced attorneys at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. Contact them at (888) 612-7001. They’re available 24/7 to take your call.