Traffic accidents occur with alarming frequency in certain sections of the North Augusta area. There are 10 intersections that are particularly risky. Our car accident lawyers know all too well the results of intersection collisions. We recommend you avoid these 10 dangerous intersections in North Augusta if possible, and to be cautious if you must travel through them.
We Know How To Protect Your Rights And We Are Ready To Fight For You!Give Us A Call »
In Three Years, There Were 953 Traffic Accidents at Intersections in North Augusta
The Augusta metro area is growing, with 201,800 residents in Richmond County according to 2017 data. That means tens of thousands of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and mopeds on the roadways. According to WRDW, from 2014 to 2017, there were 953 traffic intersection accidents in five intersections near North Augusta:
- 203 accidents, Washington Road at Interstate 20
- 188 accidents, Bobby Jones Expressway at Gordon Highway
- 188 accidents, Interstate 20 at Washington Road
- 187 accidents, Deans Bridge Road at Bobby Jones Expressway
- 187 accidents, Wrightsboro Road at Bobby Jones Expressway
In the Same Time Period, There Were 213 Traffic Accidents at Intersections Near Aiken
The city of Aiken, South Carolina is booming from its proximity to nearby Augusta. Sadly, it has a growing number of traffic accidents to go with its population of 30,000. According to the Aiken Standard, between 2012 and 2014, there were more than 200 hundred accidents at five intersections near Aiken:
- 64 accidents, Pine Log Road at Whiskey Road
- 43 accidents, Whiskey Road at East Gate Drive
- 38 accidents, University Parkway at Richland Avenue
- 38 accidents, Laurens Street at Richland Avenue
- 30 accidents, Pine Log Road at Silver Bluff Road
Our Goal Is To Get You The Most Money – FAST!(888) 612-7001
What Makes Intersections So Dangerous?
According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the various crossing movements by motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians create the most complex traffic patterns that people experience. As the Augusta metro area grows, additional vehicles and people will make these intersections even more congested and dangerous.
The diverse kinds of traffic patterns at an intersection create a variety of potential accidents.
Intersections Become More Hazardous When Drivers Ignore the Law
When a driver fails to obey traffic laws or focus entirely on driving, they can make an intersection even more dangerous. Some risky actions a driver can take include:
- Running red lights
- Making illegal turns
- Driving while distracted (e.g., texting, talking on the phone, talking with passengers, etc.)
- Failure to yield (this is especially common in left-turn intersection accidents)
- Not using turn signals
Our Firm Stands Apart From The Rest Because We Make Clients Our Priority.Give Us A Call »
Safety Tips for Navigating Augusta’s Most Dangerous Intersections
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers has handled every kind of traffic accident case imaginable in our 40 years of practice.1 We want to help you avoid getting hurt – or killed – in intersection accidents in the Augusta metro area.
Ten Defensive Driving Tips to Safely Navigate Intersections
- Be aware of who and what is around you by checking sideview and rearview mirrors often. Scan conditions ahead of you.
- Do not assume the other driver will act appropriately when you are turning or merging.
- Maintain a safe following distance. Often a collision will take place in front of you, and you must have adequate braking distance.
- Follow the speed limit. This not only keeps you safe but prevents you from a costly traffic ticket.
- Put down your cell phone. Do not text while driving, and if you must talk on your cell phone, use the hands-free choice.
- Stay alert. Drowsy driving can be as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
- Wear corrective lenses, hearing aids, and other required devices.
- Keep distractions to a minimum. Avoid playing loud music that can mask the warning sound of a horn or emergency siren.
- Avoid eating or drinking (non-alcoholic beverages) while driving. It only takes a second for an accident to happen when you take your eyes off the road to wipe a coffee spill.
- Always yield to pedestrians on a crosswalk.
If You Or a Loved One Is Injured in an Intersection Accident, We Can Help
Even if you do everything right, you can still be involved in an intersection accident. If you or a loved one is injured or killed in an accident, you should know your legal options. You may be eligible to seek compensation for accident-related expenses and losses. Our firm has successfully resolved many car accident cases in the Augusta metro area.
Call for a Free Consultation
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers are here if you need us. For a free consultation, call us. You pay no attorney fees until or unless we recover eligible compensation for you.
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001