Keeping yourself and loved one safe sometimes requires more than healthy living. According to the National Safety Council’s Injury Facts, the three most common causes of death are all health related, but many other common causes are related to personal injuries and accidents.
As a North Charleston personal injury lawyer, I find this list of statistics on fatal and nonfatal accidents worldwide very interesting. Review the most recent list, published in the 2010 edition, reviewed data collected in 2008, according to news reports.
1. Heart disease 1 in 6 people
2. Cancer 1:7
3. Stroke 1:28
4. Motor vehicle accidents 1:85
5. Self-inflicted harm 1:115
6. Accidental poisoning 1:139
7. Falls 1:184
8. Car occupant incident 1:272
9. Firearm assault 1:300
10. Pedestrian incident 1:623
11. Motorcycle accident 1:802
12. Accidental drowning 1:1,073
13. Exposure to smoke, fire, flames 1:1,235
14. Bicycle accident 1:4,147
15. Air and space transport accident 1: 5,862
While the statistics may be scary to look at, it’s important to pay attention to potentially avoidable incidents that could be fatal, including car accidents and dog bites, which made the list at #23. As a North Charleston personal injury lawyer , I urge people to drive safely, be a cautious pedestrian and bicyclist and help protect children from dangers like drowning.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a personal injury accident, contact a personal injury lawyer in North Charleston .
Not Happy With the Results From Your Current Lawyer?(888) 612-7001